New York [1]

Nawal

Two days before New York

My family and I are sitting having dinner quietly until my dad decides to open up his mouth. '' So Nawal, hows work? '' He asks me in Arabic. I look up at him. '' Good, alhamdulillah. '' I answer and smile. '' Alhamdullilah. You know my daughter, I'm so proud of you. '' He says smiling at me. I smile back. We became quiet for a minute. I haven't told my parents about the trip, I don't think they will let me, I mean which strict parent would let their child travel to New York with their atheist boss. I'm really scared to tell him.

'' Umm, Mama, Baba? Um in a few days Mr.Bayaroads and I are going to travel together to New York for some work. '' I say nervously. The whole family looks at me. '' Pfft, you really thought dad's going to let you travel with some stranger? '' My big brother Mohsin chuckles. I glare at him.

I hear my father's loud breaths. He looks at my mom and my mom nods. '' Fine, but you know the rules. '' He says. Wait did he just say yes? No, he didn't! '' Dad? Did you just let me travel to New York alone with my boss? '' I ask shocked.

'' I already expected that you're going to have these Business trips, so that's why I let you. But remember who you are and what you're wearing around the head. '' He says pointing at my head. '' Dad! What if she- ''

It really shocked me that my father, my strict father accepted the fact that I'm traveling alone with some atheist. My father is a strict father, not a normal strict father a father who would cut off my hands if he ever saw me walking with a man in the street. I've never walked alone in the street with a strange man, only with my cousins or my brother. I never ever got into a man's car or even hugged a guy. It's strict haram, and my dad would kill me. 

You may not trust me but my cousin told me that my father almost strangled his sister to death because he saw her walking with a man in the street. My aunt had to be in the hospital for a few weeks, and of course, that happened before I even was born and when my dad still lived in Iraq. He's relatives knew what he did and they thought he did a good because his sister needed to learn a lesson. He didn't beat his sister because maybe the man was bad. It's because if people saw her they would spread a bad reputation about her and her family. That's what they do in Iraq to women I'm so lucky that I don't live there. But I think he let me because he trusts me and no one knows me in New York so I can go around there with my boss without a bad reputation getting spread. Even if he wasn't strict I would still never do anything that will get me a bad reputation. 

'' Mohsin, don't get involved in this. I'm her father. '' Dad cuts him off. I chuckle. '' If you do something haram I'll kill you! '' My brother threatens me. I roll my eyes and ignore his comment.

Next Day

'' You're so lucky Nawal. '' Loren says. '' I wish I could travel with him, omg that would be so romantic. '' She continues. '' Loren, I wish you'd that too. '' I say while doing some work. '' Take care of him, don't let him look at any girl! '' She says. I look up at her and see how serious she looks. I laugh, '' Of course. I would never let him look at any girl. '' I chuckle. '' Thank you I trust you, and don't try falling in love with him. '' She says pointing her finger at me. I look up at her.

'' Loren, that would never happen. I'm a woman who wears a hijab, a woman who doesn't drink, a woman who doesn't eat food that Isn't halal and I'm Muslim. He's completely opposite, he drinks, he eats everything he sees, he sleeps around and he can do anything he feels like, and It's haram to marry a guy from another religion. '' I tell her and laugh. '' Ohhh... So that means he's all mine? '' She jokes. I burst out laughing.

Matthew

I walk into Loren and Nawal's office when I see them laughing. They look up at me and I see Nawal's eyes tearing from laughing. '' Boss! Hey! '' Loren says. I smile at her. '' Is it something you need? '' She asks smiling. '' Well, I just wanted to remind Nawal about the trip tomorrow. '' I say looking at Nawal.

'' Yeah, It's fine I don't have amnesia. '' She says rolling her eyes like she always does. '' It looks like it '' I mutter. She looks at me like she wants to kill me.

'' I'm picking you up tomorrow then. '' I say. '' No, my brother will drive me to the airport. '' She stands up. I look at her confused. '' Okay, do as you want? I'll meet you at the airport then? '' I say.

She fake smiles and I turn away to leave. I'm 100% sure that I'm doing a mistake bringing her with me.

Next Day

'' She doesn't answer her phone! '' I shout to myself. I knew this was a mistake! I'm going to kill her!

'' JERK!! I'M HERE! '' She shouts jumping in front of me. I look at her, ugh I just want to choke her. '' You're 30 minutes late! '' I shout. '' Yeah I had reasons for it. 

1, I needed to say goodbye to everyone in the village! 

2, I needed to look good, what if I see cute guys there. 

3, That's what you get!

'' Yeah yeah, shut up now. Let's get into MY jet. '' I say looking at my beautiful private jet. I turn my head her and she looks at it like she's in love. '' You like it huh? '' I ask even If I already know she does. '' Whatever. '' She rolls her eyes and gets in. 

She takes place beside the window. I take place in front of her. She glares at me. '' What? '' I ask confused. '' There's place everywhere so don't sit in front of me. '' She says crossing her arms. I chuckle. '' Young lady, It's my jet so don't think of controlling me. '' I say smiling. She ignores my comment and looks outside the window.

Nawal

We sit there for a few minutes quiet. I hear the motor start. Omg! We're about to fly! Ya Allah, don't let me die today I still have a future waiting for me. I start shaking, I close my eyes. '' What's wrong? '' Matthew asks as he tries to not laugh. I open my eyes. '' Stop! I wanna go home! '' I shouted standing up. '' Sit down or you'll fall '' Matthew orders me. '' I'm scared, we're going to die. '' 

'' Sit down or I'll touch you! '' He says. I do as he says and sits down. A few moments later I feel the plane in the air. I look outside the window and wow It's beautiful. I see the clouds around the plane and the blue sky. '' Have you ever flown anywhere? '' He asks me. '' No, this is my first time... '' 

'' Ohh, that's why you made a scene just now? '' He chuckles. I glare at him. '' No seriously why? '' He asks.

'' Well, many people aren't rich as you. '' I answer his question. '' Right. '' 

New York

The ride was quite boring. We didn't talk nor did we even look at each other. He just worked with his computer and I ate the snacks I brought with me. This trip is going to be so boring, ugh.

We got out of the Airport and wow It was breathtaking. The big buildings, the streets, the people and the purple sky. I smiled. A limousine pulled over in front of me. I looked at Matthew beside me. '' What are you waiting for? Get in already. '' He says. I ignore him and get in. We sit at the backseat waiting for the chauffeur coming back from putting our suitcases in the car. When he starts driving It becomes a quiet moment between us. '' Where are we going? '' I ask Matthew.

'' Where do you think smartass? '' He teases me. '' The Zoopark? '' He looks confused at me. I hear the chauffeur laugh. '' We're going to the Hotel. '' He says. '' Umm fine, but can we please go to the zoo park while were here? '' I beg him. '' Nawal, we're here to work not to have fun. '' He says looking at his phone. '' Once a jerk, always a jerk. '' I mutter

----------------------------------------------------------

I have so many exam's and I decide to write another chapter, I'm so dumb.

What did you think about this chapter?

I promise the next chapter is going to be better than this one.