Chapter 5: Training

Thinking
Timeskip
POV Change

C POV

I'm sitting on the couch with Ryuko beside me watching TV when I suddenly have an idea.

C: Hey Drifter?

Ryuko: Yeah?

C: Want to train with me?

Ryuko: Really?

C: Well I did offer the other day, and I'm in desperate need of some real training.

Ryuko: Yeah I'm in just don't feel bad when you lose.

C: Oh it's so on. Let's head to the sparing room.

We then walk to the basement door and head down. We get to the bottom and go to opposite sides of the room.

C: So how are we doing this, hand to hand or should I grab a sword?

Ryuko: Just fight how you want.

C: Perfect.

We stare each other down. Ryuko then pulls the pin on the Seki Tekko causing Senketsu to expand and chomp down on Ryuko.

C: Geez that does look painful.

Ryuko: Not as painful as the ass kicking I'm about to give you.

C: I hope you're not all talk, Drifter.

Ryuko: Come at me and find out!

Ryuko removes her scissor blade from it's case and gets in her stance.

C: I love it when you get all confident. I'll count us down. Three....two.....one.

Then I rush her.

Narrator POV

Ryuko goes for a horizontal slash aimed at C's chest, but seeing this he simply back-steps dodging it. Ryuko then goes for another, but now instead of backing up C ducks under it and open palm strikes Ryuko's stomach sending her flying back about ten feet. She simply lands and gets back into her stance. They circle each other eyes fixed on the other's. Without warning, C rushes in. Ryuko holds her ground as he approaches. Once he is in range he goes for a couple swings which Ryuko dodges. She spots an opening and goes for another horizontal slash. C simply front flips over her. Ryuko turns around as fast as she can, and she barely manages to block C's roundhouse kick. The raw force of the attack sends her skidding back about five feet.

Senketsu: Ryuko if that attack would have hit you, you would've been knocked out.

Ryuko: Damn in one hit?! I'm going to have to keep my guard up.

C smiles smugly and pulls off his ring and bracelet putting them in a small void portal. He then reaches in and pulls out two red bracelets. He puts them on his wrist and smacks them. They expand into gauntlets covering everything from the elbow down.

C: Now I can block your strikes instead of dodging.

Ryuko: Won't change anything.

C: You're right I'll still beat your ass.

They then both rush each other and true to his word C blocks the strike instead of dodging. Ryuko starts getting pissed off that she can't seem to land a hit. C smirks only pissing her off more causing her to overextended a strike. C catches the blade and delivers another open palm strike in her stomach. Ryuko is sent hurling back. She lands on her feet panting.

Ryuko: Damn *huff* you're really *puff* strong.

C smirks and raises his left hand showing off the scissor blade. He pulls out his phone and scans it. He then pockets his phone and stabs the scissor blade deep into the ground. He taps the gauntlets and they revert back into their bracelet form and he tosses them into the void.