Chapter 27: The "Rescue" Mission

Thinking
Timeskip
POV Change

Ryuko POV

X: So now that we all know our roles in this plan, I have a question.

Mikisugi: What is it?

X: Ryuko did you check the phone to see if C left a message for you?

Ryuko: No. I never thought about it.

X: Let me see it.

I hand him the phone and he starts tapping it. He opens a video up and we all gather behind him to watch over his shoulder. The video shows C sitting on our bed with nothing but his boxers on, his eyes are glowing yellow, his right arm is red, and his left arm is blue.

C (Video): Ryuko, or whoever plays this. I'm just going to assume it's you Ryuko. If you're playing this it means you went back to the house and picked up the stuff I left. It also means I was probably captured. I'm sorry I had to knock you out, but I know you wouldn't leave me behind otherwise. I just wanted to make sure you were safe. You're probably extremely pissed off at me and hell you might even want to dump my ass. I wouldn't blame you, but even if it kills me, I had to keep you safe. I had to know you were alive and not stuck in the same situation as me. I'm sorry about all this, I really am. Some part of me just knows that they were never going to let all of us go. I just hope that my choice here let's all of you get away. I love you more than anything, Ryuko. If you don't want to see me again I completely understand. You're a strong woman Ryuko. You can do anything you set your mind to. Just remember, being human is a who not a what. You're the most human person I've ever met, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I love you, Ryuko Matoi.

Suddenly there is a crashing sound in the video.

C (video): Shit they found me. Looks like I better go out and meet them.... Stay strong Ryuko, I really hope you don't hate me after this.

C puts a black chain with an X pendent around his neck. All the color from his powers goes away instantly and C gasps in pain.

C: Alright let's give em hell one more time.

He reaches towards the camera and the video ends. Silence fills the air until I chuckle.

Ryuko: That idiot. I'm going to smack the hell out of him when we get him back.

Ohma: Well then let's not waste any more time.

Timeskip Honnouji Academy

Narrator POV

COVERs all sit around in the courtyard of Honnouji Academy when suddenly a cable car lands in the center of the courtyard. The COVERs surround it, but when one approaches the glass a tire attached to a purple motorcycle breaks out and slams into it. Ryuko let's out a growl as she goes through the COVERs tearing them to pieces with her Scissor blade. She drifts to a stop as the COVERs all explode and the people they were holding captive fall out. Ryuko glares before looking up at the tower.

Ryuko: RAGYO!! NUI!! HERE I AM!! NOW WHERE IS HE!?!

Suddenly there is clapping and Nui pops out of nowhere.

Nui: Bravo! My heart's all aflutter. Ryuko, you're so cool. With your punk rock goth look, did you do something with your hair?

Ryuko: Shut your pie hole. I'm here to take my man, so if you aren't telling me where he is then I don't want to hear it.

Nui: Ooo you're so feisty.

Ryuko: You gonna tell me where he is or not?!

Nui: Hmmm.....nope. Not unless you make me.