Chapter 26: All the Confirmation We Need

Thinking
Timeskip
POV Change

Ryuko POV

Ryuko: Okay but what is this ring?

Noth: That is a gift from Warren to C. C never removes it from the void. He was always afraid of destroying it. The fact that it's in the box says a lot about this situation.

Ryuko: Well shit.

Inumuta: Shit is right we have COVERs outside.

Mikisugi: WHAT!?

The screen behind him cuts to video feed outside of their base and sure enough COVERs are everywhere outside. We all run to the main entrance. They gear up and I toss Sanageyama one half of C's Scissors.

Sanageyama: Huh?

Ryuko: You're the swordsman right? I can't use all three of them.

Sanageyama: Thank you, Matoi.

Ryuko: Don't get all mushy with me, only one guy is allowed to do that. And once he is back he'll be taking that from you.

Sanageyama smirks and nods. Before we leave Iori walks into the room. He has a cart with a giant cylinder like object on it.

Iori: Thought I would never finish.

Gamagoori: Does it really work!?

Iori: Theoretically, go ahead try it out.

We all walk out and see just how many there are.

Tsumugu: It's like someone rang the dinner bell for em.

Nonon: Us versus all of them? Goodie I think I'm gonna cry.

Sanageyama: NUT UP!

Nonon: Wow "nut up" huh?

Krystal: No need to sound so glum. This is nothing compared to what we've been through.

Satsuki: YOU DISHRAGS ARE NO MATCH FOR OUR RESOLVE!!

Noth: BREED! SOUND OFF!

Twist: LIGHTNING, HAPPINESS!!

E: WIRES, CONTROL!!

X: PLASMA, PURSUIT!!

Krystal: MINERALS, PRIDE!!

Noth: FLAMES, RAGE!!

The Breed: WE ARE THE BREED, YOUR CRIMES WON'T GO UNPUNISHED!! REPENT NOW!!

Ryuko: Wow did you guys rehearse that?

Noth: Mock it all you want. But it's a tradition.

Wolf sniffs the air and looks at one of the COVERs.

Wolf: Gamagoori, test out your new toy on that one.

Gamagoori: Let's find out if this works.

Gamagoori rushes in and blocks a hit from COVER and then slams his new weapon into it. The weapon starts to suck in the COVER while spinning at high speeds. The COVER struggles until Gamagoori pulls the trigger and a body is ejected from the COVER.

Wolf: HOUSE!

Iori: He's out! When COVERs are cloth based they get their energy from a linkage thread connected to the Primordial Life Fiber.

Inumuta: That's why when we sever that thread we can shut them down.

Iori: However, human based COVERs function autonomously, feeding off the energy of the people they swallow.

Inumuta: Therefore if you can extract the human, the COVER's energy source is taken away and we can disable it!

Iori: See by reducing their numbers we're adding to ours.