Chapter 23: C's Recovery and the Raid Trip

Thinking
Timeskip
POV Change

C POV

Shiketsu: C? C! C?!?

I wake up in a cold sweat and gasp for air. I feel a weight on my chest and then someone puts their hand on my cheek. I look and see Ryuko as I take deep breaths to try and calm down.

Ryuko: Hey it's okay. Calm down.

I sit up with some strain and a grunt.

C: No. No it's not okay. I fucked up bad, Drifter. I was such an idiot.

Ryuko: Hey it's ok-

C: NO IT'S NOT! SHIKETSU IS GONE AND IT'S ALL MY FAULT!!

I hang my head in shame as Ryuko looks at me.

C: It's the same mistake I made all those years ago.

Shiketsu: I'm not gone.

I pop up and look around for her.

C: Shiketsu?!

Shiketsu: I'm right here C.

I look over at a desk beside the couch and see her eye. I quickly grab it and hold it gently.

C: Are you alright?

Shiketsu: I'm not in pain, so yeah I suppose it's fine.

C: I'm sorry I failed. I'm suppose to keep you all safe, but so far I haven't been able to do that at all. I'm a failure.

Shiketsu: C, shut up.

That takes me off guard, but I do as she says.

Shiketsu: I chose to stay on you knowing the risk. I told you to go save Ryuko and Senketsu. You were so weak I could have easily stopped you by myself. Besides I can be fixed, if Ryuko would've been hurt you would have never forgiven yourself. Now give me some blood.

I take my left hand and clench my fist until blood comes out. I then pour the blood onto Shiketsu, and it disappears into her fabric.

Shiketsu: Ryuko, can you hear me?

Ryuko: Now I can.

Shiketsu: I know where the rest of me is if you think you are up to getting me back.

Ryuko: Just tell me where.

C: And what should I be doing?

Shiketsu & Ryuko: Resting.

C: Like hell.

Ryuko: I'm serious here, C.

C: Hi serious. I'm C.

Shiketsu: Like it or not you aren't going anywhere. Your body is screaming in agony. I can tell just by looking at you.

C: Like any of you could stop me.

Ryuko then pushes me down onto the couch and points her Scissor blade at me.

Ryuko: You're staying out of this one, even if I have to knock you out.

C: You can't be fucking serious.

Ryuko: I am. I love you, but I refuse to watch you tear yourself apart. I'm not going to put up with you killing yourself. I refuse to let you die on me now, C.

C:...fine.

I turn over on the couch as Ryuko gets up.

Ryuko: Where is the rest of you, Shiketsu?

Shiketsu: Kansai. Satsuki Kiryuin and Ohma spread out my pieces among the raid trip brigades.

Ryuko: Damn their asses always screwing with us! You down to kick some ass Senketsu?