Chapter 33: The Search

Thinking
Timeskip
POV Change

1 Day After C's Disappearance

Narrator POV

Ryuko, Ohma, Satsuki, Noth, and everyone else are all in C's two-star mansion. C's absence had really taken a toll on them. None of them were sure how to take this situation, on one hand Ragyo was dead and the world was but on the other C is missing. They all took solace in the fact that C promised to come back, but some of them were tired of sitting around.

Ohma: This is bullshit!

Satsuki: Ohma.

Ohma: No! I'm not gonna sit around and wait for C to walk through the front door when he could be out there in danger.

Gamagoori: He's strong. I'm sure he can handle his own.

Ohma: Well I'm not! C has a bad habit of trying to save everyone who needs his help. It could take him forever to get back here!

Noth: I agree with Ohma. C isn't going to make us wait too long, but we don't know how long it will take him. And time in the universe isn't set in stone. What could be a day for us could be a year for him or vice versa.

X: We should assume C tried to find a universe with a quicker time, but there is no way to be sure.

Ohma: I'm going to look for him.

E: How?

X: I know a way. Follow me.

They all follow X into the garage where he shows off Tempus.

Ryuko: How is Tempus supposed to help?

Noth: Tempus holds every element and can recharge elements just by being in contact with them.

X: Meaning it has an endless supply of Time and Space. Ohma can use Tempus's space element to make portals and simply wait for it to recharge.

Ohma: Sounds like a plan.

X: Here.

X tosses Ohma a phone.

Ohma: A phone?

X: It's actually a multiversal communication device.

Ohma: A multiversal phone.

X: Yes. It has a map, messaging, can connect to any internet from any multiverse, and can allow us to know your position.

Ohma: Sounds good, but where should I start.

X: Assuming C did find a multiverse with a faster perception of time, we can narrow it down to three universes. REM, SRW, and FOT.

Ohma: On it I'll start at SRW.

X: This isn't going to be easy. You have to focus on the coordinates on the map otherwise you'll throw yourself somewhere else.

E: It might take a couple tries, but you'll get it eventually.

Noth: Tempus will be bonded with you temporarily. When you find C it probably won't respond to you anymore.

Ohma: Got it.

Ohma hugs Mako and kisses her cheek before jumping on Tempus. Ryuko walks up to him.

Ryuko: Good luck.

Ohma: I'll bring him back just give me time.

Ryuko nods and backs up. Ohma guns the gas and disappears with a flash.

E: Think he'll make it to SRW?

X: No idea.

X pulls out his phone and checks something.