Chapter 17: Truth

Team RWBY plus their new friends Neo, were back at Beacon going to inform Ozpin about their newest edition to the school.

Neo stayed close to Black who followed behind the rest of Team RWBY.

Black could feel her anxiety.
"Your going to be alright Neo, nothing is going to happen to you. If they want to lock you up or hurt you they have to get through me first." Black promised her without looking down towards her.

Neo looked up at him and then let out a breath.

Team RWBY was obviously confused to why he was helping someone who was helping who saved the red head they had just fought earlier.

Yang walked closer to Blake and started to whispered to her.

"Why do you think he's helping her?"

"I don't know but it isn't worrying me as much as the guy who we were fighting. He was arming the white fang with new weapons from Atlas."

Yang looked at her strangely "How did he get that stuff?"

"I don't know, me and Sun didn't get anything like that before he spotted us. But the problem is that if he got something like the paladin in his  hands, what else can he get his hands on?" Blake asked her worried.

Yang looked at her friend. She was worried, the scared kind of worried.

They all finally reached the elevator and were about to pile in but Black stopped them.

"Weiss, Yang, and Blake go back to Vegeta's class room, and find Team JNPR. We'll meet up after me and Ruby explain Neo's situation." He told them as Neo and Ruby got in the elevator.

Weiss looked ready to complain but Black was already hitting the button for Ozpin's office.

The ride up was quiet.

Neo was almost clinging to Blacks arm.

"I have to ask why, ya know?" Ruby told him with her arms crossed

Black just smiled and patted Neo's head.
"She's good Ruby, she's actually purer than you."

Ruby gave him a confused look.

It confirmed something that he believed he needed to do. Something that was at the back of his head. Something Vegeta brought up earlier in the same elevator.

Black took on a small sad smile at the thought.

The elevator dinged and Black went back to his normal face as the door open.

Inside Ozpin was sipping from his coffee mug as he watched something on his computer.

He looked over to the trio walking towards him.

"Mr. Black, Miss Rose how may help you?"

Black moved to the side to let him see Neo, but she still stayed behind mostly.

"Ah, who is this one?" Ozpin asked Black.

"A girl, she......was an a complice to the person we fought at the docks the other day."

"He was the one who I was fighting when you found me Professor."

Ozpin stood up and Neo immediately hid behind Black.

Black slowly put his arm in protective manner towards the side she was on.

"And why exactly is she here?" Ozpin asked moving around the edge of his desk and leaning on the front side of it.

"We just had a fight with him under a highway, we got the highway evacuated before we beat him but the pillars got damaged and part of it came crashing down towards her. I jumped in to protect her while the red head ran off. I brought her here because she has no where else to go." Black told him.