Chapter 34: Fusion and the Reveal

The ride down to the secret bunker under Beacon was a quirt one. Pyrrha was in utter shock over the revelation that magic was real, the stories she heard as a child were real, and that she was to be the next fall Maiden. On top of all of that, Black, someone she trusted, hadn't told her.

She occasionally glanced at him in the elevator, something that didn't go unnoticed by Black.

"I'll tell you anything you want to know after this Pyrrha. But right now, I need you to just stay calm and focussed OK?" Black told her.

Pyrrha looked away but nodded. 'Poor girl. I can't believe Ozpin would just drop this on her, no matter how dire the occasion.'

'The situation has worsen here Black. We have no idea what Salem is planning and what's worse, we don't know who are enemies are.' Vegeta told him through their shared link.

The elevator opened up to the massive hallway that Black and Vegeta had only seen once. "What is this place?" Pyrrha asked. Ozpin answered, without looking back,"Its a vault."

"A vault? W-what is it holding?" She asked. Vegeta came up on her left,"You'll see." Pyrrha gulped at hearing that. She was rightfully afraid.

They continued down the long hallway that seemed to stretch for an eternity, when in reality it was only a few hundred feet long.

At the end of the hallway, Glynda Goodwitch and James Ironwood were waiting in them. Ozpin had somehow managed to alert them to Blacks plan and were prepared to help, albeit a little less initiated on Ironwoods part. But for a better lack of words, Glynda had him set straight.

Pyrrha finally saw the fate of her predecessor, hooked up to a machine that was keeping her alive from the trauma her body went through as well as the fact that she hadn't had any nutrition except for what the machine provided. Black had forgotten how bad it was, but if senzu beans could fix up someone like Krillian after his encounter with Recome back on namek where the monster had broken everyone in his body and messed up his nervous system with just one kick, the magical bean could fix this.

"W-who?" Pyrrha asked shakily. "That is Amber, the current fall maiden." Qrow said.

"Mr. Black, let's see if your plan works." Ozpin said. Black and Vegeta nodded.

"What can we do?" Glynda asked the two as they walked up to the machine. "Be ready to help her." Vegeta said before he gestured towards Ironwood to open the door to the machine.

As the machine opened Black stepped forward and lightly grabbed Amber and brought her to a semi standing position, supporting her with one hand. The second she left the machine she started to shutter and groan. They needed to act quickly.

"Amber, if you can hear and understand me, I need you to nod."

Amber complied, just barely tilting her head. "Good, I need you to listen carefully and follow my instructions. I need you to open your mouth for me, I'm going to give you something that you need to eat OK. You can trust me, I'm a friend."

Amber did as she was told and opened her mouth. Black quickly, but carefully fed her the senzu bean. She slowly chewed on it and swallowed it.

Black used both hands to steady the girl as the healing process is quick and very shocking. As soon as the bean went down her throat with a gulp, her eyes shot open.

Everyone but Black and Vegeta were shocked as her body suddenly spasmed, her muscles contracting and releasing. Her breathing became ragged and short, but her muscles returned to normal as did her breathing.

She blinked quickly, unsure if what just happen. "It worked! Ha!" Black said. The girl looked up at the grinning face of Black before looking at Vegeta who wore his usual scowl, although it was softer than usual."Welcome back to the land of the living."