Chapter 26: Back to Basics

Black was walking down the dorm room halls, looking for his new room. But his mind staid on his new enemy.

'Immortality.... This will be difficult. I'll have to rack this bodies memories for answers later. Maybe Vegeta will have a few ideas. But, right now its time to get Trunks and Gohan situated.'

Black kept walking down the halls until a pink and brown tackled him from out one of the open doors.

"Oh what the he-!" He screamed out as he went straight to the floor.

He looked up to find Neo hugging him around the waist.

"Neo?! Where have you been?!" Black asked the girl he hadn't seen in two-three days.

They both got up and she started to type furiously on her scroll.

She showed it to him once she was finished.

It read 'I was assigned to follow Professor Ozpin around Vale, then Miss Goodwitch caught me up on a few classes I hadn't taken since I just enrolled.'

Black shuttered at any time alone with Glynda Goodwitch.

"Well it sounds like you've had a fun few days. Wanna hear about mine?" He asked the small mute.

She nodded before starting to walk with him while he explained the last few days he had with team RWBY and the newest additions to Beacon which were now, his new team.

After a few minutes they had made it to his new dorm.

"So now I'm on a new team with Vegeta, Gohan, and Trunks. And no I don't think he'll kill me in my sleep if you were gonna ask." He told her while opening the door.

Neo let out a squeaky chuckle before nodding.

Black opened the door completely, only to be astonished by the room.

It was much wider than team RWBY's dorm with each of the four beds occupying the four corners of the dorm with a doors width between the heads of the ones on the sides that both had doors to an opened closet on one side and a bathroom on the other.

One of the walls by one of the beds had a bookshelf while another had a desk and the last two had a dresser and a large set of cabinets respectively. The back wall was dominated by a long console that held a projector and speakers with a large window behind it.

Gohan had taken the bed by the bookshelf in the bottom left corner of the room, Trunks had taken the one across from his that had a desk and Vegeta had taken the one by the cabinets in the top right corner of the room leaving the bed across from him open for Black.

Gohan looked up from a book he was reading to see Black starring in awe.

"Yeah, its a pretty awesome room isn't it?"

"Much more spacious than my old room." Vegeta said, laying on his own bed with his eyes shut.

"I can't believe it, its massive compared to the ones next door." Black said as he walked to the only open bed and sat down on it.

He let out a sigh when he sunk into the mattress "Oh, this is so much better than the stiff mattress they gave me to sleep in between team RWBY and JNPR's dorms."

"They only gave you a mattress?" Trunks asked him.

"Well, I had to sleep in between the two rooms so I guess that was the best they could do with such little room for another bed. Besides" Black gestured to the room around then, "it was only temporary."

Trunks shrugged then turned back to his own devices which happened to be a piece of his time machine.

Black noticed it, but he didn't know what it was apart of so he didn't say anything.