Chapter 16

That night was another sleepless one. You laid awake, the memory of Bakugo from the locker room playing in your mind. This time however, a feeling of resentment didn't fill you, it was something else, but you couldn't quite put your finger on it. The hunger was less noticeable, you were getting used to it, you were getting used to your physically and emotionally drained body. The alarm clock sounded, followed by a slam, and then began another exhausting day. Izuku followed the same routine from yesterday, putting you in a drawer for a few minutes while he went to go get food. He carefully slid the drawer open and set you on his desk.
"Ok, you need to eat, it's probably been a few days and you need food." Midoriya said with concern in his voice, you protested despite your state, the stabbing pain of your hunger was becoming easier to ignore. Its not that you weren't hungry, you just didn't want to eat.
"No, I'm fine."
"I'm not going to let you go anywhere until you eat something." He then placed a small pile of fruit in front of you. The colors were extraordinarily vibrant, the yellows, blues, greens, and reds seemed to make everything more dramatic. Izuku grabbed a few things from his closet and drawers before leaving the room. The pain in your stomach grew and became more noticeable, as it groaned for the the final time that day you grabbed onto and over-sized blueberry and bit into it, finally satisfying your tastebuds and hunger. You took a few more bites before deciding you didn't want to deal with the aftermath of going from starvation to satisfaction. You were satisfied enough, and though your stomach begged for more, your logic told you not to listen to it. Midoriya walked in as if on cue, dressed in his school uniform.
"Did you get enough?"
"Yea, thanks." You told him before he slid you into his blazer pocket once again.
Izuku sat down in the classroom, and sneakily slid you into his desk, you found a comfortable spot next to his pencil case, but you still couldn't fall asleep. Your energy was draining slowly, every slight movement only augmenting onto your exhaustion. You wanted to wake up from this nightmare, you wanted things to go back to normal. But it didn't look like they weren't going to any time soon. Lunch came and the same routine from the day before played, with Iida and Ochaco never leaving Midoriya's side. Lucky for you it didn't seem like there was going to be any fight training this time, meaning you wouldn't have to stay in the locker room again. As that thought came so did Bakugo's words from yesterday.
"Why... why did I have to do that. Why did she have to look at me like that. She's probably dead somewhere and its all my fault."
What did he mean by that. You knew he was referring to you, but at the same time you weren't quite sure, he sounded somewhat distressed, and that part didn't exactly click in your brain. How could he be upset about what happened, he was the one who decided to abandon you, right? He shouldn't be feeling any regret... right? He never seemed to care before, and suddenly he feels bad about ditching you, there was something you were missing, there was something he was clearly hiding. But what?
"Class dismissed, go back to your dorms or something, just don't bother me." You heard Aizawa say, before Izuku grabbed you and slid you into his pocket. Your mind continued to wander as he walked back to the dormitory, on his way up to his room he pulled you out of his pocket and held you in the palm of his hand. His emerald eyes locked onto you and he let out a sigh before speaking.
"You should try to make up with Kacchan,"
"Why?" "It's not good to hold grudges, and knowing him he is definitely holding one against you, and I know your doing the same, but I still have no idea what the reason behind that is."
"I'm not holding a grudge!" You defended
"Deru, please I don't like it when my friends fight you kno—"
"NO! IM NOT TALKING TO HIM EVER AGAIN! I NEVER WANT TO EVEN THINK ABOUT HIM! IF BEING AN INCH TALL FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE MEANS I NEVER HAVE TO SEE HIM AGAIN THEN SO BE IT!" You screamed, the last thing you wanted to do right now was see Bakugo, let alone talk to him.
"Come on, I know you don't mea—"
"I meant every word of it. Just, put me down, I need some time alone."
"But we aren't even at my room yet."
"I know." You looked up at him
"I don't care, put me down and leave me alone." Midoriya easily could have overpowered you, but he respected your wishes and lowered you down to the ground. He walked off but not before shooting you a worried glance.
You sat down against the wall and let out a deep sigh. You were one who was usually known for keeping your cool in stressful situations, but when it came to Bakugo, it was like treading on thin ice.
"why..." A voice you didn't quite recognize at first interrupted your train of thought and you turned your head towards the source of the noise. There was a door that had been cracked open a bit, it was someone's dorm room, but you couldn't see who's. You walked closer, curiosity getting the better of you and the second you walked into the room you instantly regretted it. The surroundings were all to familiar, and sitting right next to the door huddled against the wall was the one person you hated the most. His spiky ash-blonde hair was slightly disheveled, and he had his knees pulled close to his chest, his forehead resting on them. He lifted his head and thats when you saw the tear stains flowing from his crimson eyes. You wanted to run out of there so badly, every nerve in your body told you to flee, but you stayed put, frozen by what you were seeing. And then he spoke.
"Why me... of all people why me? Why do I feel so badly about this? She deserved it, didn't she? Why did she have to look at me like that?! How can one tiny, insignificant person give me so much guilt! I-I... I can't. I can't do this anymore. Why did I have to do that. I want to go back and fix everything, I wish I never did that." You looked at him in utter disbelief. And for some reason you started moving towards him.
"I... I... I'm sorry." He said before bursting into tears again. You walked over to him and put your hand on his. He whipped his head towards you, his crimson eyes widened. His fingers lightly brushed over you, making sure what he was seeing was real, before he quickly grabbed you and pulled you towards him. He held you close to his chest, and you were pressed against it. You could feel his heartbeat drumming, and for the first time in a while you began to drift off to sleep. The last thing you heard before slipping into darkness was Katsuki's shaking voice,
"I'm sorry..."
————————————————————
I don't know what the heck to say here. Does anyone even read these? Anyway have a beautiful day you beautiful person!