Chapter 20

It was 12:02, officially past midnight, and time for you to start your escape. There were a few problems however, one of them being the giant hand pinning you down. The others being, getting down from the bed and the door. You had been trapped once again beneath the crushing weight of a hand, although this time you were only covered up to your waist, which would still be a hassle to escape from, but not as hard as it would have been if you had been covered up to your neck. You struggled, trying everything to pull free from underneath Kirshima's hand, without waking him up of course. Soon one of your legs loosened up and slid out, you pushed as hard as you could against his hand, and your other leg pulled free and slid out from underneath the trap. You attempted to stand up, forgetting that the surface you were on was moving, and due to your horrible balance, you stumbled forward, face-planting directly into the ground. A deep sigh escaped your mouth as you pushed yourself up and half-crawled to where you could slide onto the bed next to the red-head.
As you looked over the edge of the bed you felt your face pale with fear. Ever since you were young, you had the worst fear of heights, nothing else bothered you, however the thought of being hundreds of feet from the ground terrified you to your very core. Your legs began to shake, your heart rate sped up dramatically, the blood rushed from your head, but you knew you had to overcome this obstacle. You grabbed onto the bed sheets, to keep yourself from falling off and looked over the edge once more, trying to find the best way down. You chose a spot where Kirshima had left one of his sweatshirts lying on the floor, in case you fell. Keeping a strong hold of the sheet, you started making your way down.
You got about halfway, before you couldn't go any further, no matter how hard you pulled the sheet wouldn't budge. You knew you would have to jump the rest of the way down, so you slid down until you were hanging by your arms. You took a deep breath in, trying to calm your trembling body. Your hands were shaking, and it was getting harder to hold on, you let go and took a leap of faith. The terrifying sensation of falling engulfed all of your senses, and your body fell limp, accepting its fate before it came, no matter how hard you tried, your body wouldn't move. You could feel your muscles weaken, the edges of your vision beginning to fade, you strained as hard as possible to stay awake. You couldn't pass out, not here, not now. Just before everything went black you felt something beneath you, as you landed on the sweatshirt. Quickly snapping back to consciousness, you shot up, every muscle in your body felt weak, you were trembling from the inside out, but you had to push forward.
Quickly climbing to the floor, you stood up and started running in the direction of the door, your body still shaking violently. You stopped at the leg of the bed to catch your breath, and you heard the creaking of the bed above you. You watched in terror as Kirishima put his feet on the floor and started walking out of his room, muttering lightly to himself. As he walked out of the room you couldn't restrain the smile that spread across your face as you realized he left the door open. You bolted as fast as your legs could carry you, adrenaline fueling your every move, you could feel your chest heaving, but you kept running, freedom was so close.
There was about a foot of distance left between you and the door, you skidded to a stop and ducked against the wall as Kirshima trudged back into the room, thankfully leaving the door open slightly on accident, just enough for you to slip through. Only a few seconds had passed after you escaped before the door was shut behind you. There was no turning back. You looked up and down the hall, racking your brain, and trying to remember which way Bakugo's dorm was. It was directly next to Kirshima's, you knew that much, but you couldn't for the life of you remember which direction it was in. You felt the ground beneath you tremble a bit and looked up to see the ash-blonde trudging down the hall. Fate played perfectly into your hands, all you had to do was use your cards in the right way and everything would go back to normal.
You only had one shot to get his attention, if this didn't work then you didn't have a chance. Back in grade school, you were known for having one of the loudest screams in the school, a few people thought you were the secret love child of the pro hero Present Mic. It had been a while since you had used the full power of your voice, but one does not simply loose the ability to scream louder than half a dozen third-year high schoolers. You took a deep breath in, before screaming as loud as you possibly could,
"BAKUGO!" He froze, and his head snapped in the direction of Kirshima's room.
"Who's there!?" He said, quickly looking around him before freezing once again, as if an idea had formed in his brain. He started walking closer to Kirshima's room, eyes scanning the floor intently, before landing on you.
"Half-pint?" He crouched down, slowly reaching his hand towards you, somewhat hesitant at first. You however, promptly ran to him, feeling his fingers entwine around your small form, the calming warmth of his hand surrounding you. You grabbed onto his thumb and wrapped your arms around it, earning a low chuckle and a snarky remark.
"Heh, miss me much?"
"No! I-I mean, i-its not like that..." You leaned into him, as he stood up and started walking back to his room.
As he shut the door he made sure to lock it, before heading over towards his bed and flopping onto it. He mindlessly turned you over a few times in his hands, gently fiddling with your tiny body.
"I was thinking again. About you..." You looked up towards him, he was staring blankly at the door, his scarlet eyes fixed on what seemed to be another dimension.
"Tomorrow... I decided on tomorrow. I'm going to fix this." He turned his head down to you, his crimson eyes locked onto your silver ones.
"I promise."
As the clock ticked over to 1:00am, Bakugo drifted off, his hand was curled around you lightly. You didn't believe him at first, but the more you thought about it the more you felt hopeful. Maybe this was really it, maybe you were finally going to be released from this nightmare. After all, third time's the charm. Right?

————————————————————
Aaaaaaand, it happened again. I did it again. I have so many other things to write, but NOPE! Of course I'm gonna get sidetracked and start another chapter of this mess. *facepalm* Well maybe now that I've run out of ideas for the moment I can actually do something that people want me to do. Like finish the oneshot requests I've gotten. Yup all five of em'. This chapter was a tad bit shorter than usual, but that's alright, because I need to get working on other stuff, and I also need to study because I still have 3 more midterms to do. Procrastination is a thing that exists, and I struggle with it. I have a love-hate relationship with procrastinating. ANYWAYS, enough rambling, I have to study for a History midterm, so with that I hope you have a beautiful day you beautiful person.
UwU