Chapter 21

!!Cussing Warning!!
————————————————————

A loud groan escaped Bakugo's mouth, waking you from a dreamless sleep.
"Tonight just isn't my night is it?" He sighed. The clock read 2:00 am, an hour had passed since you had first drifted off. Bakugo wrapped his fingers carefully around you and slid out of bed. He brought his hand up to his shoulder, placing you on it, you steadied yourself and slipped down to a seated position, holding onto his neck for support.
Bakugo didn't bother taking the elevator, instead he went for the stairs in an attempt to wear tiredness into himself. He trudged into the kitchen, towards the fridge. His hand gripped the cold metal handle and he opened the fridge door. Your stomach groaned loudly at the sight of all the food. Bakugo's eyebrow quirked, and although he couldn't quite see you from your position on his neck, he swore you were drooling. You were. His hand reached towards a container that held leftovers from what you assumed to be breakfast. Your stomach groaned louder. Bakugo looked somewhat surprised at the sound, but shut the fridge door and opened the lid of the container, placing it in the microwave. The smell of the food wafted through the air, making your stomach growl even louder, and earning a low chuckle from Bakugo.
"So about tomorrow." You felt his voice flow through his neck as he spoke.
"I was thinking we could head out around 11:00 pm. I'll probably have to set my alarm though, just in case I fall asleep, so don't let me forget about that." He was definitely a lot calmer in the middle of the night.
The beep of the microwave sounded, and once again so did your stomach. Bakugo piled some fried rice onto a plate, and grabbed a pair of chopsticks from the kitchen drawer. He set the plate down on the counter and pulled up a stool, then reached up to grab you off his shoulder and placed you on the counter as well. You stumbled over to the plate and grabbed a large piece of what looked to be chicken, but it was noticeably larger than your torso. You bit into it without a second thought, confirming your previous assumption with the fact that it was indeed chicken.
"Also one more thing." Bakugo said through a mouth full of food,
"I am aware that I'm not as much of a jerk at night, it's because I'm too tired to care. But, under NO circumstances are you allowed to speak anything of this. No jokes, no blackmail, nothing whatsoever, not even to me, got it?" You looked at him, slightly wide-eyed and surprised at the sudden force in his tone, but you nodded in understanding nonetheless.
The two of you ate in relative silence after that, exchanging glances every now and then at the most. You weren't even half done your piece of chicken before your stomach was full. You put down your leftovers on the edge of the plate and wiped off the sauce on your face with your shirt. Bakugo grabbed the plate and walked over to the sink to wash it off, with your silver eyes following him.
"So this is really it?" You wondered out loud.
"Huh?" Bakugo asked, confused at your comment.
"I mean this is the end. After tomorrow everything will go back to normal, back to how it should be. This nightmare will finally be over with." You sighed with relief at that thought.
"Nightmare? Seriously? You're exaggerating."
"Oh yeah? You tell me how it feels to be two inches tall for a week. I'm physically and emotionally drained in every way. My body is aching, I'm practically starving, I'm living on barely any sleep..." You trailed off, Bakugo rolled his eyes at you, pretending to casually dismiss the fact that the majority of your pain was due to him. He walked over to where you were standing on the counter and reached out towards you, wrapping your small body in his fingers and sliding you into his sweatpants pocket.
He trudged back to his dorm room, exhausted but not quite tired enough to fall asleep. Turning the door knob with one hand he reached into his pocket with the other, his fingers wrapping around you once again, once inside he set you on the desk, and sat down. Looking down at your feet you could feel his gaze on you. While you fiddled awkwardly with your hands you tried not to look up at how sickeningly huge he was compared to you. Bakugo lowered his head, trying to get a better look at your blushing face so he could make a witty remark about it.
And then an idea struck him, a stupidly embarrassing idea, an idea that would completely ruin his reputation if anyone heard about it. But you wouldn't say anything if he actually went through with it. He knew you wouldn't want to even talk about the past week after tomorrow. So as stupid as it was he slowly started inching his face closer to you, too close for comfort apparently though because your head snapped up and you took a step back. He kept moving closer, and you continued to backpedal, keeping a good distance between the two of you, out of the corner of your eye you saw his arm move, you didn't pay much attention to it until you backed into something.
You glanced behind you to see Bakugo's hand blocking you from moving any further, and that was all it took, a single glance. You felt something heavy push onto your chest, and when you turned back around you almost screamed. Bakugo's face was right in front of you. The tip of his nose pressed against your chest and pinned you to his hand. You felt your face heat up and you quickly looked away, hoping to stop your embarrassment from building too much.
Once you calmed down a bit you tipped your head back upward to meet Bakugo's gaze, which was locked onto you. His spiky bangs hung just above his gigantic, bright, scarlet eyes, they seemed to glow in the dark room. The only light was coming from a lamp in the corner, which was positioned in such a way that it casted a perfect dim, yet dramatic, yellow glow across the room. Bakugo could feel your tiny hands gripping the top of his nose, he could see your blushing face, and your silver eyes were wide with surprise. You could feel his warm breath on your legs,
"What's with the red face?" His voice was smooth, and laced with a mocking tone. He quirked his eyebrow slightly as the corners of his lips tilted into a smirk, and his eyes narrowed into a sly expression. You felt your face heat up again, you knew you looked like an absolute idiot, at least this was the last night you'd have to spend like this.
He sighed, and you felt the warmth of his exhale ghost over your body. His eyelids fell closed and his nose pressed harder into your chest as his muscles relaxed and he slipped into a deep sleep. With the extra weight pinned on your chest it became harder to breath, you had to put in a much greater deal of work just to fill your lungs with air. Although the extra pressure was uncomfortable and annoying, it wasn't quite suffocating. You struggled to free yourself, pushing as hard as you could against Bakugo's face, but no matter how hard you tried nothing worked.
After about half an hour you slumped forward onto Bakugo's nose, exhaustion draining your body. Your chest heaved, beads of sweat slowly rolled down the back of your neck and your forehead. A long sigh escaped your own mouth, with a mixture of annoyance and relief, once again at the fact that this was finally the end.
"Bakugo?" His eyes opened halfway, and his eyebrow quirked upward.
"Did I wake you?" You asked with a slight, worried tone. He closed his eyes and grunted, not completely answering your question.
"Could you move?"
"No."
"Why not?!" You protested.
"Don't want to." He argued.
"Come on! Please? I hate being pinned down like this!" You whined. After some back and forth of argumentation he finally gave in, in a rather spiteful way too. He raised his head and pushed himself away from the desk.
"Ya know what fine. I'll move. In fact because you want me to move so badly I'll go all the way over here." He walked over to the bed and flopped onto it. It was only a few steps away for him, but he knew it felt like a mile to you. Getting down from the desk alone would be quite hard, so you decided to spend the night on the hard, wood. At least it was better than being pinned in one place for the whole night.
It was hard to fall asleep at first and another half-hour passed by before you finally started to drift off. However with your horrible luck, just as you were about to fall asleep you were jolted wide awake once again by the ominous turn of the doorknob. The door slowly creaked open to reveal a baffled Todoroki who was staring at the doorknob with utter shock, clearly not expecting it to be unlocked. His face settled back into its monotone expression for a moment before his eyes landed on you. Surprise filled his face again, and he looked at Bakugo, who was lying asleep on his bed, before tiptoeing into the room and over to you. You shook your head at him, backpedaling towards a stack of textbooks. He continued to move closer and when he finally reached you he held out his hand, waiting for you to climb on. You shook your head,
"I'm not coming with you." His head cocked to the side,
"Why not." He whispered. You climbed onto his hand, and he raised it up closer to his face.
"Bakugo and I are going to find the villain who did this tomorrow night so he can reverse the effect of his quirk." You explained to him. Todoroki nodded, but you stopped him before he lowered his hand back down.
"I want to ask a quick favor of you. If anything comes up, cover for us please. And one more thing, tell Kirshima I'm alright. He'll freak out otherwise, and I don't want him to worry too much. You know how he gets." Todoroki nodded again, before lowering you back onto the desk.
"Just... Be careful." He turned and left, giving you a quick, yet hopeful glance before he closed the door. You sighed with relief, thankful at how understanding he was about this.
"Ok but seriously Bakugo needs to lock his door, and what is with people and kidnapping me today?!" You muttered to yourself, before laying down again and slipping off to sleep for the next few hours before Bakugo's alarm clock would go off.
Before you knew it the sound of the alarm clock was blaring in your ears. A loud groan came from the blonde gremlin across the room, and the shuffling of socked feet on the floor told you it was time to get up yourself. You yawned and looked over to see Bakugo yanking off his shirt and tossing it onto his bed.
"aaAAH! Dude!" You screeched, turning away and tripping over your own feet. Bakugo rolled his eyes and walked over to pick you up, not bothering to put a shirt on before he did so.
"What? Never seen a guy shirtless before?" He said plucking you up by the back of your shirt.
"WhA- no! I mean yea! But at like the beach, or the pool! Not like this!" You gestured towards him, eyes shut tight for fear of a red face.
"Your pathetic." He told you, opening the desk drawer and dropping you in it. You were shut into darkness, but at least it was better than watching Bakugo strip down in front of you. You shuddered at the thought. The drawer opened a few minutes later to reveal Bakugo, staring down at you with boredom.
"Up!" You said, sticking your arms up in the air towards him like a little kid. He rolled his eyes before lifting you out of the drawer.
"Demanding aren't we?" He said, sliding you into his blazer pocket. Grabbing his backpack, Bakugo slung it over his shoulder, careful not to harm the tiny person that resided in his pocket. He opened the door, and for once locked it on his way out. Not that it needed to be locked this time.
Ignoring all the banter of the morning, he silently continued on with his day, not interacting or conversing with anyone. You on the other hand were itching to return to your normal size, and join in with whatever was going on outside the confinement of Bakugo's pocket. You were never going to take being 5'5 for granted again. And you couldn't wait to take a shower, to scrub off the disgusting feeling that had been building for the past few days, and to wash all your worries away with a little soap and water. You were also quite grateful for the fact that your hair didn't tangle easily, so you wouldn't have to struggle through brushing out all of the knots that would have accumulated during the past week. That was one of the many traits you thanked your family for.
"my family..." You whispered out loud, lost in thought. That was another thing. You had to become a hero. For the sake of him. For the promise you made all those years ago. And you couldn't do that if you were 2 inches tall.
The amount of sleep you had last night was not going to sustain you for the rest of the day and tonight. You tried as hard as you could to fall asleep, but the suspense was killing you, and nothing was working. So you sat in silence and anticipation in Bakugo's pocket for the rest of the day, or at least until tireless finally overcame and you drifted off.
The lunch bell finally rang, releasing the students from the dreadfulness of their morning classes. Bakugo slugged towards a table in the back of the lunch room, hoping to eat in peace for once. He set the tray of food on the table, and let out a long sigh, before carefully slipping his hand into his pocket to pull you out. His fingers gently grazed over your tiny body, stirring you from sleep. He took one last careful glance around before curling his fingers around you and pulling you out of his pocket. He kept his hand just below the edge of the table, as to not draw too much attention to the situation at hand, or rather, in his hand. You looked up into his ruby eyes with drowsiness, still not fully awake. Your stomach groaned, as the smell of food filled your nose. Your head whipped around to see a giant tray of food above the horizon of the table's edge. Drool started to pool in your mouth, and to your dismay, you were lowered down to the seat on the other side of Bakugo. He sat you down next to him, before tearing off a piece of chicken and handing it you you with his chopsticks. You gratefully accepted the food that had been given to you, but you slightly longed for something other than meat. You quickly pushed those thoughts down as you bit into the food, and finally remembered the delicious taste of the school cafeteria.
Bakugo pulled the edge of his blazer around you, to further conceal you from view, he didn't need anyone further messing up his plans to fix this mess. But it seemed his actions were only in vain, because a certain red-headed classmate of his was already strutting his way in Bakugo's direction, with an entourage of course.
"Hey Bakubro!" Krishima called, Bakugo stiffened next to you, his muscles noticeably tense.
"What do you want dumb hair?" He said through gritted teeth.
"Weeeell, I was just wondering if we could join you— THANKS!" He said sliding next to Bakugo, and not giving him any time to object.
"Plus we wanna see how Surō's doing!" Kaminari added, earning glares from the other three.
"Who?" Bakugo asked, his voice cool, and unwavering, the trademark of a good lier.
"Uhm Surō, you know, your classmate? The girl you've been carrying around in your pocket for the past week?"
"I'm sorry what?" Bakugo asked giving the other blonde a confused glare.
You had tuned out of the conversation, too absorbed in eating to even realize anyone else had come along. You felt Bakugo's hand cup protectively around you, and only then did you notice the four other presences around the table. You inched closer to him, and finished off your last bite of chicken. Out of the corner of his eye, Kirshima caught the subtle movement of Bakugo's hand, but he didn't say anything about it.
"Come on dude, you gotta know something. Do you seriously not know who she is?" Kaminari pressed.
"Nope, unless your talking about that weirdo who left about a week ago." At this your head shot up, and you glared in his direction, making sure to elbow his thigh as hard as you could. You'd give him an earful for that later, he was not going to get away with calling you a weirdo.
"We're not going to get anything out of him Kaminari, come on lets go." Mina said, nudging the pikachu in the arm.
"Ugh, fine." He replied, finally giving in. As the three of them got up to leave, Kirshima lingered, telling them he'd catch up to them after lunch. He slid around to the other side of the table, giving Bakugo a bit of space, he looked around one last time before leaning in close to make sure no one else heard him.
"Ok dude, I saw that." He gestured towards Bakugo's hand.
"I know she's here, and I know your just playing dumb." Bakugo gave his friend a deadpan look.
"And I know she can hear me. I'm not saying I gotta see her, but I wanna tell her something. Hey Surō," your head perked up towards the direction of Kirshima's voice, ears intent on listening to whatever he had to say.
"Next time just tell me before you leave, I was really worried. And I'm not sure how you got word to Todoroki, but you should know he is NOT the inconspicuous type. He brought the subject up in the middle of a conversation with a bunch of other people. I had to drag him to the side before he said too much. So next time, try to avoid asking him to be your messenger, if possible." Kirshima said, worry still slightly laced in his tone. He gave Bakugo a pat on the shoulder before he left.
"Take care of her dude, I wish the two of you luck tonight. Oh and one more thing. Surō, I'm not mad. I just want you to be safe, thats all." And with that he left, leaving you and Bakugo alone once again.
You sat in Bakugo's desk, awaiting the ring of the bell that would announce the end of school. Bakugo's left hand sat comfortably around you, in a protective manner, as if he didn't want anyone else to come and take you from him. You were perfectly fine with that, the way his hand loomed over you defensively, it made you feel safe. Kirishma's words rang in your brain, as you contemplated his words. Now that you thought about it a bit more, you were slightly worried he was a mad about you leaving, but maybe it was just the anxiety kicking in. You leaned back into Bakugo's hand with a sigh, exhausted, yet still filled with anticipation. His thumb found its way to your head, and it rested there for a moment, before gently shifting its way down towards your back. He rubbed circles around your spine, in an effort to calm both you, and himself. You were glad he showed you this side of him, the caring and considerate part of his personality. It was nice, you liked it, and you think you were warming up to him too, just a bit though. You could feel your eyes falling closed, and before you knew it, you were falling asleep to the sound of Bakugo's pencil scribbling above you.
The gentle brush of fingers against your side stirred you from sleep. As Bakugo wrapped his hand around you, awareness slowly creeped into your brain.
"I didn't want to wake you, but I figured you'd want food rather than a few extra minutes of sleep." He explained, you nodded in agreement, confirming his assumption. He set you down on the edge of the plate, your drowsy eyes wandered around the room, and you took in the familiarity of his dorm. He nudged a piece of food your way, and without a second thought you grabbed it and bit into it, easing any hunger that had started to boil in your stomach.
As the two of you ate, bits and pieces of conversation were tossed lightly into the air. Throughout the past week the two of you had gotten to know each other a bit more, and Bakugo was no longer an explosive jerk to you. He could be quite charming at times, and although he got on your nerves, you learned to get along. He wasn't the most fun to be around, but he was all you had.
After the two of you finished eating he got up to go wash the dining ware and put it away. Not even five minutes after he left the room, the same ominous knock sounded on the door, almost like a curse. This time though, the person behind the noise merely slid an envelope under the door. You could just barely make out your name written on the top, which clearly meant it was someone who already knew about you, or someone slipped up on your secret. You heard some yelling down the hall, before Bakugo opened the door, and slammed it shut behind him. There was no doubt now that the letter was from Midoriya.
"Damn nerd." Bakugo mumbled, as he picked up the letter on the ground almost expectantly.
"This is for you." He said as he tossed the envelope your way, before flopping onto the bed. It was a bit hard to tear open the letter on your own, but by some miracle, you managed to do so. You slid a folded piece of paper—which was just about the size of you—out of it and began reading.