WARNING

DISCLAIMER + CONTENT WARNING:

This story is riddled with flaws, dealing with themes in a manner that was not as sensitive or appropriate as it should've been handled.
I did it about as sensitively as 13 y/o me knew how, but she still had a LOT of learning to do and I have since frequently noted the wrongness of many elements in this story: the gross misappropriation, romanticizing of serious themes, and the sexist and otherwise harmful issues included. (there is a slightly more updated version on my account, but please be warned that where one is still imperfect and this one is even worse)

I don't want to erase this because this story is important to some people, and to take it down would be to pretend that these mistakes were never made to begin with.

The relationship portrayed in this story is not healthy. The course of action in relation to mental health and physical safety is not what should be taken in reality. Do not model real life experiences off of those expressed in this story.

There is no scenario where any forms of mental, emotional, or physical duress or abuse from ANY loved one is acceptable. Not even one. If anyone in your life causes you to feel fear, please evaluate the relationship with an unbiased view and seek outside help and counsel as necessary. "Love" does not make up for harm of any kind.

Please, once again take the opportunity to look at the trigger warnings and be safe. I am truly sorry for the mishandling or important and dangerous topics, and I hope that you can instead look into the heart behind the story (inexperienced and young and generally...cringey as it was)

Thank you for reading!

Crisis Hotlines

Crisis Text Line: Text SUPPORT to 741-741 (24/7). Our trained counselors can discuss anything that's on your mind. Free, 24/7, confidential.
Depression & Suicide
The Trevor Project
Call 866-488-7386 (24/7)
Live Chat with the Trevor Project (Fridays 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM EST)
Dating Abuse & Domestic Violence
loveisrespect
Call 1-866-331-9474 (24/7)
Chat Online with loveisrespect (7 days/week, 5:00 PM to 3:00 AM EST) or text loveis to 22522
National Domestic Violence Hotline Call 1-800-799-7233 (24/7)
Email the National Domestic Violence Hotline (24/7)
RAINN: Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network
Call 1-800-656-4673 (24/7) 
Live Chat with RAINN (24/7)
Child Abuse Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline
Call 1-800-422-4453 (24/7)
National Safe Place
Text SAFE and your current location to the number 69866 (24/7)
Runaways, Homeless, and At-Risk Youth National Runaway Safeline
Call 1-800-786-2929 (24/7)
Live Chat 7 days/week, 4:30 to 11:30 PM CST
Home Free Family reunification program provides free bus tickets to eligible runaway and homeless youth.