〽️Natagumo〽️

Holy crap! 100 views already? This book haven't even been out for a week yet! Thank you so much! 😊 It makes happy to know people like the book so far (even if it's only 3 chapters rn)
____________________________________

"AGGGHHHHHHHH!!!"

I snapped my head towards the loud crying coming to far from where Kadzuki and I were standing. Kadi took no time to start sprinting in that direction. She ran slower than she normally would so I wouldn't bounce a lot in the rice basket. I appreciated that. As we came up over a small hill we saw a boy curled up right outside the forest surround the mountain. Just... wailing.

He had blonde hair that has a slight gradient into a darker orange, a yellow haori with small white triangles. He was rather skinny and pale. He continued to wail loudly. I sunk lower into the basket once I saw his nichirin. "Hey!... Why are you crying?" Kadi asked leaning over to look at him the face causing me to fall in the side of the basket and the top falling off. The way we were tilted blocked the sun from me, but not the wide brown eyes starring up at me in horror.

Well... I thought it was. I had no idea what that expression was. He stood up quickly and had this... weird look on his face. "I wasn't! You're not going in there are you? Cute girls shouldn't be put in danger~"

"I-" Kadi started but cute herself off. We both stared at him for a long while as he wiggled weirdly and giggled strangely.

"Kadi... he's delusional..." I said softly, feeling a little uncomfortable.

"...yeah you're right," She stood up quickly placing the lid back on the rice basket. "Don't worry tiny person! I will take care of the demon who did this to you! And will definitely bring you back to normal!."  I sweatdropped at her response as I felt her start to walk towards the woods.

"Wait! You can't go in there! I-I saw! Th-there were-" The boy started to speak again.

"People were dying? Demon hunter corps?" I asked peeking out of the basket and Kadzuki slowed to a stop to let me speak. He nodded quickly snot starting to pour from his nose and tears running down his face again. "Aren't you a demon hunter?" I asked politely. 

"I MADE A MISTAKE!" He cried louder. I quickly shushed him and waved him over to me, Kadzuki looked her shoulder at me and the boy standing behind her, his face close to the basket to see me face to face. I reached out my clawed fingers and wiped the tears from his face. "You shouldn't cry. It only makes things worse. You become a hunter because there is something inside you that made you worth the time. You should trust that." I smiled retracting my hand from his face. "My name is y/n."

"Zenitsu. I'm Zenitsu."

I smiled warmly and let the lid shut completely and Kadzuki started walking again. But this time I heard a second pair of footsteps following behind us. I smiled at myself feeling my cheeks heat up. I haven't shown anyone my face since I become a demon, not including Kadi. "Hey y/n, the forest is pretty dense I don't see a ray of sunshine anywhere to be seen. You could come out of the basket."

I took this as my queue to get out as she bent down, having no trouble keeping her balance as I tripped and fell out of the basket but quickly regained myself and dusted off my clothes.

"So, uhhhhh, gold boy. Have you been in here? You said you've seen demon hunters die." Kadi asked lightly turning to face him.

"Wh- no. A guy was crawling out of the forest.... and he just disappeared!!!!"

....

"Okay so thank you for that. I now know you're useless," I snickered a little hearing his little gasp and whimper.

I looked back at him and saw him sulking, I was going to remark but instead, I saw something awfully... strange. I saw a small glint in the moonlight. Very tiny. Almost like a small thread had attached itself to Zenistu's haori. Then I saw another appear. Then another. Then soon, I saw almost like a thousand puppet-like strings attached to Zenitsu. "Uh, I think there is-" I was cut off as a person ran right in front of my like a gust of wind, all the strings snapping off and Zenitsu letting out an ear-piercing screech before dashing off in... incredible speed.

By this time Kadzuki had snapped around to catch a few strings floating my way.

"Don't let them attach!" I heard a male voice screech at us as Kadi sliced through the string finding its way to my kimono. I looked over seeing a boy with dark red hair and red eyes. He was wearing a green and black haori and a large box on his back. I shriveled back away from him, sensing the presence of a demon. Demons had a tendency to eat each other every once in a while and I was not down for that at the moment. He took off again and I heard a weird screech before seeing a blur of brown and a peachy color zoom by following the red-haired male. 

"We'll-... we'll just follow the strings..." Kadi said turning on her heel and went in the direction the two went. she had a finger on one of the strings and would cut it before moving on to another one, the continued the process. 

"I think I understand now..." I began, Kadzuki looked over her shoulder at me waiting for my response. "Only insane people become demon hunters..." Kadzuki blinks once before letting out a loud hardy laugh, wiping tears from her eyes. Proving my point only insane people become demon hunters.

"Yeah, that does make sense, doesn't it?" I nodded in resp0nse puffing out my cheeks thinking about the strange people I've seen in the last 5 minutes. Zenitsu was a cry baby. The red-haired guy came out of nowhere and I'm still not sure I know what he looks like. Then the blur... that blur is going to give me nightmares! It looked like a half-pig, half-man!  

I ran into Kadzuki as she came to a halting stop. I peeked around her and saw the red-haired male from before. There was a floating stream of water connecting itself to a demon with long white hair, holding her hands out in a submissive way. It looked like a completely painless death. 

I was jealous.

The woman began to disintegrate, but before she was completely gone she yelled out her last string of words. "There is a demon moon here! Be careful!" I felt Kadzuki tense and the redhead took no time to sprint off. 

"Hey! Come back here!" Kadi yelled "Damnit!"

"What is a 'demon moon'? " I asked

____________________________________

[unedited] :(

Ayyyeeeee! Didn't I saw our favorite boy would be in here? Get ready for the next chapter! Reader will have her moment!