❌Trial Pt. 2❌

"Hmm... I appreciate your honesty, y/n." 

I felt myself shaking uncontrollably, every inch of my being, my bones, my innards, everything was shivering in fear. I know I just dug deep six-foot graves for me and Kadzuki just now and I don't know how I can mess this up anymore. Kadzuki probably had a plan thought up in her head, I just had to destroy it. Oyakata's reassuring smile never faltered but neither did the hateful gazes being thrown in my direction. "But on that note... Kadzuki has very good instincts," He closed his eyes. "I've put my trust in her a few times already. Too many times to not trust her this time."

I felt my e/c irises shrink as my eyes widened, tears brimming the corners of my eyes. A small smile began to grace my lips with its presence. Some others didn't feel the same euphoria as I did though, I could feel the burning, writhing rage pouring off a certain grey-haired male. "There is no guarantee she won't eat people again! Her or the other one!"

"That is very true." Oyakata lifted his head back up. "They can not prove, nor guarantee that Nezuko or y/n won't attack people, but," He paused for a moment "You can't prove they will attack someone." 

I could visibly see Sanemi flinch meanwhile I was cackling so hard, so very hard, on the inside. Let the gods bless this dear man named Oyakata. "The truth is Nezuko had been living without eating people for more than two years, and because two people are putting their lives on the line. Then with dear y/n she has only been a demon for two days but holds remarkable human qualities, so much so, an honorable member of the Rengoku family is putting her life on the line for this demon." Oyakata reached his hand over towards the folded letter resting in one of the little girl's hands. "And to deny this, the deniers have to present more than what is here."

"Besides... Tanjiro has come into contact with Muzan."

Everyone gasped and suddenly became more lively, even Kadzuki, which surprised me considering we are still in a trial. Everyone kept asking Tanjiro questions, all off them at once so I had trouble hearing who was who. A large uproar of questions flooding the serene surrounding. It was loud and chaotic even. I looked back at Oyakata, his smile still hasn't faltered. He softly brought a finger up to his mouth in a silencing motion and within zero time everyone was silent again. All the questions ceasing. "You see, Muzan has come after Tanjiro and Tanjiro shook his pursuer loose. The reason for this may simply be just to close some loose ends, but for the first time, I don't want to let go of the tail that Muzan has shown us." He brought his finger down and placed his hand back into his lap. "And this probably goes for Nezuko as well. I believe something unexpected has happened for Muzan. Do you understand?"

I heard a growl come from my left. At the end of the long line of kneeling pillars. I peeked out a little further from my basket and saw Sanemi, veins popping out all over. "I do not understand Oyakata. We can let humans live, but demons must not. I cannot consent." he stood up pulling out his nichirin and slicing his arm open. Letting blood dripping down his built arm. "Oyakata! I will present to you the ugliness we call demons!"

"Sanemi..." Oyakata called out softly.

"Hey, little demons! It's time to eat! Sink your teeth into this!" I saw Sanemi let the blood drip onto the box right to my basket before moving over to let the thick red liquid seep through the top of the basket, the ooze dripping onto my face and started to make its journey down my face to drip off my chin. I felt utterly humiliated. 

"Sanemi, you can't do it in the sunlight." The man with multi-colored eyes and the striped haori spoke. "The demons won't come out unless you go to the shade."

"Oyakata... forgive my rudeness..."

I didn't even have time to blink before I found myself in a new location. I tumbled out of the basket and laid motionless on a wooden floor. I slowly rose to my knees, my back facing the pillars and I could feel their gazing burning holes into my back. I shakingly turned my head to peek out of the corner of my eyes. Being able to see all their faces clearly now made me want to vomit. Their stares were so intimidating. I heard a shift of movement come from beside me, my head snapped in the direction of the noise. Seeing a small demon girl climb out of the wooden box. 

"Nezuko!" I heard Tanjiro's voice call. "Stop!"

"Hey! Don't act on your impulses!" I heard Kadzuki pleaded.

I heard a strange crack followed by a grunt but my eyes were glued onto the tall scared man standing in front of me. He was shoving his bloodied arm into the Nezuko's face. "Come over here demon! Here's some of your favorite human blood!"

I could hear some talking in the background but I didn't listen. All noises were muffled and blurred. My eyes were focused on the blood. Only the blood. I could hear the sound of it hitting the wooden floors and it echoed in my ears. I could see the drool pouring out from behind Nezuko's bamboo in her mouth. My eyes danced over to see Sanemi's face and it suddenly brought me back to reality. When Nezuko turned away from him everyone gasped. Sanemi growled jerking his arm away from her and instead shoved it into my face. I backed my head away, grunting lightly in the process, he only pushed further to the point where his arm was only inches from touching my mouth. I brought my hands up as a reflex, the pads of my s/c fingers lightly touched the heavily scared arm, pushing it away with much effort. My little dainty fingers not putting up much of a fight to his trained arm. 

He didn't stop and continued to push forward to the point where it only irked me, I growled in annoyance putting both of my hands steadily on his arm and roughly pushing it away. "Stop it!" I surprised myself with my tone. He back away with a look of pure anger. Wrath swirling in his dark irises. I looked out at the pillars and the back of Oyakata. One of the girls was leaning close to him telling him the things that were taking place only right behind him. He let out a hum of satisfaction.

"And that's proof that Nezuko, as well as y/n, will not attack humans right there." I could see the air fly back into Kadzuki and Tanjiro's lungs. "Tanjiro, Kadzuki, despite this, there will still probably be other people who won't willingly agree about Nezuko and y/n. You just have to prove that, you four can be useful enough to fight with the demon hunters." I felt exhaustion begin to take over my body. "Defeat the twelve demon moons. If you do that, then everyone will acknowledge you and the gravity your words will change."

"I... Nezuko and I will defeat Kibutsuji Muzan! Definitely, Nezuko and I will wield our swords and cut the chains of agony!" Tanjiro shouted

"Y/n and I will without a doubt aid this battle against Kibutsuji Muzan! We will ensure his defeat!" Kadzuki followed.

"You two can't defeat Muzan as you are now, Tanjiro, Kadzuki, so first, try and defeat one of the twelve demon moons."

I blinked a few times trying to regain stable vision. The world was blending together, I was so unbearable tired. I laid in the fetal position with my head laying on my hands, I was just going to close my eyes for a second. Everything was just happening to fast my brain was so tired it felt like jelly. By the time I opened my eyes back up Oyakata was finishing his lecture. "-And then. Sanemi, Obanai, don't bully the younger ones too much."

"...As you command." They said in unison.

I felt tears prick my eyes as a rolled over onto my side and let my eyes close again. The last twenty-four hours have been an absolute nightmare. So stressful...     

______________________________

[Edited] :)

I'm so tired oml.