⊶家族⊷

"I'm kind of nervous..." I giggled nervously inside my dark little basket on Kadzuki's back. "Meeting your family and all."

"Y/n," She said sternly, making me jolt in surprise. "You've said that EXACT same line 57 times in the last hour. Stop." I could hear the irritation in her voice.

"I can't help it!" I yelled. My voice quivering. My anxiety of people knowing I'm a demon suddenly rushing back to me. I popped my head up, the lid of the basket balancing on my head as I looked at Kadzuki's side profile. "I mean! All of you are intimidating! I think it's the hair!"

Kadzuki only ignored my whines and reached her hand back over her head to push the lib down. Making me go down with it. 

"Well you don't have to meet them if you don't want, ya' know..." I tilted my head at her response. "They don't have to know you're in this basket. You can wait and meet them when you become human again."

I blinked at her response. Repeating it over and over again in my head. "When...?" I said very lightly. Almost a whisper.

"Well yeah... you've gotten so many people already to care about you, and all of those people are expecting you to be human again. They want great things from you, and their all confident you'll be back one day."

"Are you ashamed of me? Because I'm a demon?"

"What? How did you come up with that?" Her voice raised when she talked. "Because I said you didn't need to come out at my place? I was only saying that for your sake. What do I have to be ashamed of? Most certainly not you."

I wiped the tears that slipped out. A smile on my face as a light pink hue came to my face. "Sorry... I don't know what came over me just then." I laughed. "I know better than to doubt you at this point."

"Yeahhh, geez, so mean you know. Doubting people. Making them look like the bad guys. Yeesh." She whined playfully. Swaying her body back forth, making me wobble in my basket.

"I'm sorry!" I let my front half pop out if the basket and wrapped my arms around her neck. "I swear I am! I didn't mean it!"

I felt her shoulders shake as she laughed at my antics. Patting my cloth-covered arms as she walked up a hill. 

 When I opened my tightly shut eyes I noticed the... large estate we were walking towards. I never thought... I never thought there would be an estate bigger than the butterfly estate. 

I gawked at the large building. Seeing it took up a rather large plot of land and an open field surround by a garden in another plot of land. 

"Why..." I muttered.

"Why what?" I could hear Kadzuki stippling laughter. 

"Why does everyone... EVERYONE! Need a big house like that?! How big is your family?!"

"It's only me, my two brothers and my father."

"...What the hell..."

I sat back down into the basket but left my head out and both of my arms hung over the edge, letting them flop up and down in beat with Kadzuki's pace. I could see a small boy at the entrance of the large estate, sweeping the dirt out of the gate.

When we got a little closer I could clearly see his face and choked on my spit. "I- uh- WHAT?!" I shouted causing Kadzuki to jump and almost fall over. "ARE YOU TRIPLETS OR SOMETHING?!" 

He looked exactly like Kadzuki and Kyojuro. Exactly.

"We are all 2 years apart..." She chuckled after regaining her balance. "And put your arms back into the basket. He can't see your head so you'll freak him out."