??pArDoN??

I'm not gonna lie to yall... I might be high on my deodorant rn...

---------------------

"Wh-what?" I asked, my eyes widening at his statement. "A demon?"

"NO WAY! A DEMON'S ON THIS TRAIN!?" I heard zenitsu shriek from next to Inosuke. Tears not having any hesitation of streaming out and show themselves.

"Yep."

"IT IS!? WE'RE NOT TRAVELING TO IT!? IT'S HERE!?"

"I think he's made that clear by this point, Zenitsu..." I mumbled, feeling bad for the fear-stricken boy. His normal quick wits flying out the window, Inosuke almost following after it. "And I don't think it's that bad... I mean we're on a train... What's the worse that can happen?"

"I COULD GET EATEN!" 

"Then don't do anything then. This isn't your mission anyway..." He stopped his crying and looked at with wide hues. He suddenly sprang at me, flopping down across Kadzuki's lap and wrapped his arms around my waist, his face buried in my lap.

"You're right! So you'll protect me then? Won't you y/n! You'll protect me right!?" I could feel a warm liquid seep through my kimono. Obviously his tears... or saliva... or snot. I didn't know how to react so I just stared down at him feeling a red crawl onto my face. His arms tightening on my waist every second. Starting to restrict my breath. 

"Oi! Get. Off of me!" Kadzuki growled gripping him by the collar and ripping him off of me and her, tossing him back into his seat like he was a sack of potatoes. He only cried in response.

"Ahh! Kadzuki you're so mean! So mean!"

"Huh." She hummed. "Only ever around you... isn't that strange... I wonder why." She mumbled. I giggled at her sarcastic comment. I could hear Kyojuro chuckle and I had to use all my strength not to have a meltdown right then and there. Tanjiro started at us in a daze, a hint of a smile on his face.   

"Say y/n-" Kyojuro went to speak but was cut off by the train's conductor. 

"Allow me to inspect... your tickets..." He wobbled down the trains isle, his hat covering his sunken in face. A strange aura surrounding him making a chill run up my spine. His lips were unnaturally puckered from what looked like the lack of water and fresh air. He reached his hand out and I could see his boney pale fingers, nothing but bone and skin there.

"Kadzuki..." I mumbled tugging on her haori. She didn't respond but I could see her brows were furrowed as she looks at the man looking at her and mine tickets. Obviously feeling the same thing I was.

"Enjoy... your trip..." Suddenly Kyojuro stood up, pushing his cape (Not sure if it can be considered a haori...) out of the way to reveal his long nichirin blade. Alerting me to the demon that was standing only a few inches from the conductor. I didn't even know it was there! Making me rethink all my accomplishments. Not even Kadzuki or any of the boys saw it or heard it. Making the chill from before take it's laps up and down my spine again. I let out a shaky breathe seeing the deformed used to be human thing waltzing down the aisle.

"Look out! Get back! This is an urgent matter, so don't mind the sword!" Kyojuro spoke loudly, his smile no longer present as he began to draw his sword from his sheath, his brows furrowed causing a crease in his forehead... It's amazing how much he looks like Kadzuki.

People began screaming and moving away from the demon in a frenzy. "Blood demon art was hiding that huge thing! And it was hard to sense it! However, if you bare your fangs at innocent people... my bright red flame blade will burn you to the bone." Within the blink of an eye, he wasn't in the same spot before. "Flame breathing: First form, Unknowning fire!" He was on the other side of the train and the demons head falling in front of him. A trail of red burning hot flames behind him, dissipating within seconds.  

He stood up straight and started down the large bulky beast falling to the train's floor. The remaining fire hangs out around him, leaving a soft orange glow on his face and lighting up his eyes. I felt my breath catch in my throat at the sight. It reminded me of that time on Natagumo... when Kadzuki saved me from the sider demon... the fire that surrounded her... it was almost identical to this moment right now. 

All to soon the fire went out and the boys ran up to him, asking to be his apprentice and complementing his swordsmen's ship. My ability to talk and my ability to feel okay to talk to people flew out the window with Zenitsu's wits. Leaving me speechless and a blushing mess in my seat. 

'That was soooooo hot!!' My mind screamed as my hands slapped onto my face to cover the bright red spreading from ear to ear. 

~~~

I jolted out of my daze and looked around the train that was so very quiet. I looked at everyone and saw that they were asleep. Making my face heat up once again knowing I was in my little schoolgirl crush daze for a while. 

I nudged Kadzuki and she didn't move or flinch or even mumble in her sleep. Panicking I checked her pulse just out of paranoia...yes there was a pulse... leave me alone! I think we've all discovered a long time ago I'm a very anxious person!

I sat back down in my seat after my little panic attack and look round at everyone sleeping faces... well except for Inosuke... cuz'... ya know, the mask.  

After calming down I began to feel the creepy feeling that woke me up, an awful slimy feeling in my chest as a rock sat heavily in my stomach. A smell worth cringing over, filled my nose, the smell of sweat, rotten corpses, and lavender filled my senses. Trying to put me in an uncomfortable and deep sleep.

I stood up to prevent my eyelids from closing and whipped my head all-around searching for the sent, feeling a growing presence of danger approach me. My heart rate increased and I felt my eyes began to tear up from the overwhelming power radiating from the train. 

...

There was another demon on the train...

...A stronger one... 

-----------------

[Edited] :)

Hey guys on a serious note here. I know this update was super late and a little short, too short for me to like. But some serious shit came up for me and I haven't been able to focus on making a good chapter for you guys.

My grandpa recently got diagnosed with lung cancer... but the worse part is that the hospital had to take him off his treatment because... it's just uncurable... So now he's wasting his life away in a hospicare... I haven't been to visit him yet but it just stresses me out to think how bad he might be right now.  

I really didn't want to write a chapter if I couldn't put 100% in for you guys, because that's just not fair to you, but it's even more unfair to make you wait longer.

Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter and I'll see you in the next one.