⭕️Hinoe⭕️

2..... 200 views??! Listen yall. I can't handle this attention... oof.

Anyway! I updated Zadzuki's character design becuase I realized It does not fit the rest of her family and it aint it sis. Soooooo! Her new design is at the bottom of this chapter! :) only if you care

____________________________________________________

I looked over my shoulder. Irises the size of dots.

A deep blue sword was inches from my neck, I quickly used my arm to block as a last-minute save but instead of a block the sword sliced right through my arm. I jumped back and hissed in pain holding the small lump left of my arm. My e/c irises stared up in fear at the sharp dark blue ones from the man before. I started hyperventilating, my lungs started to burn as my eyes began to water while he stepped closer to me.

He stopped when a rock collided with the back of his head. We both stopped our movements just staring at each other, hearing a distant yelling coming up behind him. "HEY! FIGHT ME!" He looked over his shoulder to look at Inosuke shouting and huffing while he charged in our direction. I quietly thank the boy and took my chance. I got up and darted away as fast as my legs would take me, screaming the only name I thought I could trust.

"KADZUKI!" I screamed out holding my severed arm close to my chest feeling the heavy ooze of blood start to slow as my arm slowly started to grow back. Inch by inch very slowly. I breathed heavily this icy cold burn spreading in my legs and lungs. Tears pricking the corners of my eyes as I search in a panic for my saving grace.

I couldn't hear footsteps behind me but I didn't want to just assume, demon slayers, tend to be good at keeping quiet with their steps. But I made a side note to thank Inosuke if I ever see him again. Even if he wasn't intending to help me he still did.

The trees around me blurred and blended together making something almost like an oil painting as I ran past them all. My heart thumping loudly in my chest mixing with screams of demon slayer corps and chirping birds and crows. Everything sunk in, almost like it didn't before.

I was a demon. People I used to depend on for safety are now my worse enemy and put me in complete danger. I wanted to go home. I wanted to crawl up in Daiki's arms and hold the twins close while listening to mother sing Kaoru to sleep while father told all of us about his day. I missed the warm feeling of the sun, I miss the fuzzy feeling of being around people. I miss being human! I miss getting a cut and depend on someone older to heal and wait a week for it to heal! I miss... I miss my old life.

I tripped over a log that I couldn't see due to blurry vision from thick bubbly tears. I wrapped my arms around my head and sobbed softly in the leaves and moss covering the soft soil ground. All the noises around me were so loud! It hurt! The pain and guilt were ripping its way through my body. I started to sob louder as more memories of my family flooded my memory. I remember when Shijo and Seika first learned to walk. I was there for all of it. Seika saw a doll laying on a nearby table and she just... stood up and walked. We were all so happy... joyous. I remember Shijo getting frustrated straining himself to stand and walk over to her, to take the doll from her. Such a happy memory... Full of warmth and brightness. Memories I would enjoy looking back on, now seemed to tear holes in my heart and ripped apart my soul.

Regret and guilt flooding my system. Everything hurt, my legs, my arms, my throat, everything. The dread of what did! What I let happen to them! The guilt and agony felt like a bear sinking its sharp fangs into my heart and ripping it part with its claws. I screamed and sobbed even louder as I heard footsteps approach me. My throat began to go raw from the constant strain.

I couldn't stand and it was hard to breathe, my arm was taking forever to grow back and it stung so bad! Like a million wasp were stinging it all at the same time in an angry attack. I wanted to give up! Just end it all right here right? I'd get to see my family again... but... Kadzuki. She tried so hard to make sure I was okay. Just another reason for me to go to hell. Wasting someone's time by being greedy. The sudden realization struck me and I quickly got up seeing that the wooden long I had fell on had stabbed itself through my leg. I didn't take time to ponder it and began to limp away from whatever was approaching me. I hopped and tripped and crawled before getting back up again and continuing the process.

"Y/n stop, you're straining yourself."

I looked over my shoulder at the familiar smooth silky voice. There I saw the golden green eyes surrounded in bright blonde and red hair staring down at me. I felt my eyes widen and my face pale at her figure. She was drenched in blood, a large gash on her cheek and blood slipping down her forehead and her cheek and leading her to chin. Her leg was twisted and she was limping after me. I quickly struggled to raise myself to my feet and quickly limped over to her staggering form. Hugging her tightly, using each other for balance. "They sent pillars. We have to get out of here quickly or you'll be dead within in a few minutes." I felt myself shudder, realizing the man who was chasing me only a few seconds ago... was a pillar. I nodded quickly and wrapped my arm around her waist seeing she needed more support than I did. "We'll exit through the east side of the mountain, from there we can go-"

"You're leaving? So soon?."

Both of our heads snapped around to face the unfamiliar voice. A small child with lilac hair holding strings in his hand faced us. Looking up through his bangs to stare at us intently. "Shit" I heard Kadi mumbled under breath. Taking her arm off my shoulder and tried to stand as straight and tall she could manage. She unsheathed her sword and pointed it at the demon. I was taking a wild guess but out of all the demons I've seen in the last hour, I'm taking a guess that THIS was the demon moon. "Wait," I pulled on Kadzuki's sleeve. "What happened to Kentaro?"

She shook her head closing her eyes. "The kid went chasing after what I assumed was his sister not too long ago. I felt a pillar's power nearby so I took my chance to run. Turns out the pillar wasn't as close as I thought."

"What rank are you?"

"Y/n... not the moment to be asking questions-"

She was cut off when strings came shooting at us. She quickly jumped to the side dragging me with her. Making careful precision to doge the string. "But Rank 3, Hinoe. Since you asked." She jumped forward dashing towards the small sider boy. I felt my jaw come unhinged. She made a whole lie. A whole 7 rank lie.

Strings kept coming from all different directions like some intense game of Cats Cradle. "I want you to be my sister. Be apart of my family." The boy suddenly said.

"The offer is appreciated but I already have one," Kadzuki replied taking no time to dash at him her sword in hand and swing her sword in one big swoosh. "Breath of Fire, Fourth style: Combustion!" Little flames shot out of her blade and scattered in the air, surrounding the demon before suddenly bursting into large explosions. I shielded my face from the sudden surge of intense heat and power. I could barely hear a thing with my ears ringing. But very quietly I could hear kadzuki telling me to 'run!'

Uncovering my face I looked up, squinting to see through the fading flames. I could see Kadzuki burnt and battered. 'Did her own attack hurt her?' But what caught my attention was the stream of water flowing through the air. The demons head cut clean off and laying on the floor. I felt relief flow through me, thinking it was Kentaro but frowned when I saw those same sharp indigo eyes and black hair.

I quickly got up and started making a break for it. Maybe I could lose him and go back to Kadzuki then we could get out of here.

I started running faster and faster hearing distant shouts. "Geez, not this again."

_______________________________________________

[Edited] :)

I'm always up for criticism! Feel free to comment or dm me anytime if you have any probelsm with the story! I'm to hear it!

Kadzuki - \/