《The Flame Pillar》

"No matter how desperately you fight, Kyojuro," Akaza cooed. "It's all useless. That wonderful cut you made has already healed completely." His sickly smiled returned as he gazed at Kyojuro through his large eyelashes. "But what about you? Your left eye is crushed. Your ribs are broken. You're bleeding inside... Those are serious injuries..."

A-all that? All that has happened already? It's only been a couple of minutes of fighting and he's already in that bad of a condition? For god sakes Kadzuki hardly did anything and she's already messed up.

This is bad. This is like trying to push a square rock up a steep hill. Useless. Impractical.

I could feel my whole body quivering as they exchanged words. My want to help, my want to stop the upper moon clashed with my ability to actually do so.

"If you were a demon, you would heal in the blink of an eye. To a demon, those are just scratches!... No matter how hard they struggle, humans cannot defeat demons."

Kyojuro went silent for a few moments. The only thing could be heard were moans from injured passengers and Tanjiro struggling to get to his feet. But even so, the silence was sickening, stomach-dropping, heart-wrenching, and all-around soul shredding.

The silence was broken when Kyojuro opened his mouth to speak. His voice was still strong and unwavering despite his predicament. "If I was to accept that offer in front of someone like y/n, what type of person would I be? To take an offer like that when a person who had no say didn't get to make a choice? What type of person would I be if I let you kill people here?" He lifted his sword over his shoulder. Both hands gripping the handle of the sword. "I will say it one last time. Our values are very different! I will fulfill my duty! I won't let anyone die here!"

"Hmm... well in that case-..." It all happened so fast after that.

I wasn't sure if I was seeing it in slow motion or if it was so fast, I couldn't see it all. They both yelled out they're attacks and a sudden swarm of dust engulfed the whole area. My mind screamed at me to move. My heartbeat was I could hear, the loud and fast drumming in my ear. As soon as the form of Akaza left my vision I felt my legs go weak as I finally collapsed to the ground.

My hand fell limp on to the dirt-covered ground. This was my chance.

Ice. Straight ice, came shooting out of my hand and across the ground instead of frost. Small spikes and chucks of the cold rock quickly got bigger as it reached into the cloud of dust. The ice kept growing and growing to the point I saw some stick out of the cloud and it began to crawl up my arm slowly.

Fear is a dangerous thing.

Once the dust cleared I could see what my panic did. One of Akaza's fingers had just barley grazed Kyojuro while there was a large chunk of ice covering his entire arm, preventing him from moving it any further.

Kyojuro was in the middle of finishing out his attack when I breathed out a quick sigh of relief. But it was short-lived once Akaza ripped the arm off, leaving the abandoned limb to crumble and shatter along with the ice. He jumped back a few meters to avoid the attack. Standing with only one arm while his other limb tried to rebuild itself off of the bloody shoulder. Due to the leftover ice, not much blood poured out of the rather large wound. Only a few drops.

"Y-y/n...!" I could hear Zenitsu shaking whisper yell from beside me on the ground.

I could see Akaza snap his head over to me. His searing glare stared into my soul, wanting to burn it from the inside out. "Stay out of this..." He dashed in the direction of me and Zenitsu, his iries the size of dots as he alarmingly got closer to us. Face contorted in anger.