☋ONI☋

My heart rate quickened and reached sky limits as I saw four more of those wooden puppets came skidding around the corner. All of them looked identical to the one Muichiro just immobilized a few moments ago. The only difference being colors. The color on their dresses, their heels, the scarfs and bowa scarfs on their necks, and their hair colors, all different.

My energy was completely gone by this point. I was wheezing as I failed to keep up with the unbelievably fast-paced mist hashira. I spent all energy in the first few seconds when following him and not mention all my panic from fighting off the first puppet. I most certainly did not have the training or the body for this type of activity.

"H-hey... hah... Muichiro?" I rasped out, my voice going in and out as I struggled to keep my breath. You'd think it'd be easier since I was a demon and all and that this wasn't the first time I had to run and all, Mout Natagumo, but no. It wasn't. What the hell was the point of being a demon if I had the same athletic ability I had when I was human?

"..." He ignored me and quickly dashed at one of the puppets. Letting his sword easily slice through of the wooden legs of the doll, almost like it was slicing through soft butter. The wooden leg cracked and shattered under the blade of his sword before falling limply to the ground. The puppet stumbling and falling over. Letting out a screech as it did so.

Muichiro wasted no time to take this chance and cut the other off. Before he could do something with its many arms another came jumping up behind him. Swinging its many shards of glass at him. All of which he dodged gracefully. Slicing one of the hands-off as he dodged.

In the meantime, another sprinted up to him while he was distracted, swinging a rather large shard of glass done onto his arm. But due to the tough material of the uniform, the shard couldn't even cut through. Only alerting Muichiro to his second problem.

I watched in awe as he took on the adding numbers of the puppets, two grew into three and soon he was surrounded by a group of five. Nothing could be seen but a blur of rainbow colors and his white blade cutting through the colors.

I shook my head to break away from my slight daze as I saw the puppet that had its legs chopped, crawling on all it's ten arms. Crawling at him at incredible speed, not slowing down at all from having its legs cut off.

At its height, it had a full view of his legs that were left open since he was busy handling the 30 plus arms of sharp things shooting at him. Refusing to just stand there and watch like some gaping goldfish waiting for food.

I quickly ran after the puppet, wanting to get to it before it could get to Muichiro. Reaching my s/c hand out and grasped its hair tightly before yanking its back harshly. Watching it fall onto its back and listened to it erupt another scream. (Dang... y/n really be out here tryna steal people's wigs)

I quickly wrapped both of my hands around as many arms as I could manage, to freeze them over. We sat there fighting for dominance as I tried to hold her down long enough for the ice to spread. Once it reached the joints of the arms I held tightly, using all the strength I had left, I pulled as hard as I could. Watching the four arms I had a hold of shatter off.

I repeated the process to all leftover arms and left the puppet rolling around on the ground screaming. It's safe to say when I come back from this mission I'm going to traumatized beyond belief.

I stood up from the ground and went to go help Muichiro only to find all of the group of five puppets laid rolling around on the ground as he stood in the middle of them, examining his dinted sword.

Are you serious? I thought bitterly as I look at the work that took me the same time it took him to take down all of them.

As I looked him up and down I notice he had a cut on his cheek that dribble a little blood down his pale cheek. "Muichiro! You're bleeding!" I rushed up to him and grabbed his face out of habit.