⤝Courage⤞

*This chapter is in Kadzuki's POV* 

(For you sunshine fans ;))

To say this guy was an irritating opponent was an understatement. I inwardly groaned to myself as I glared at the taller figure standing only a few feet in front of me. My panting lightly to reagin to the small amount of breath I lost while taking care of this guy.

This battle has been going on for what felt like an eternity! At least a good twenty minutes and his defenses haven't budged even slightly, not to mention his fighting style is so erratic and uncertain, so much so that I can't figure out what his weakness is. Once I think I got it and try for it my moment of eureka is crushed by his switch in the fight. 

It was infuriating to no end! My patience was running on a thin thread. I wanted to scream and shout, stomp my feet just like a child. But I couldn't. I wasn't raised to be like and I wasn't raised to show myself out, especially on the battlefield. So I won't scream or shout. I won't curse. I can't lose myself.

I was supposed to be looking for Y/n at this moment, heavens I hope she's alright, surely nothing bad could happen to her. Not in the state she's in... the worst that could happen is that she's alone and is on the verge of a mental break down. Which is common anyway. 

I'm sure I would have found her minutes ago if the twat in front of me wasn't such a prick and got out of my way!

I adjusted my jaw, clicking my tounge against the roof my mouth in irritation. Only for me to hear. 

The ONI stood back up straight from regaining his balance he lost from my attack just now. Swing his sword back in front him so the point was facing me with a sharp glint in the harsh lighting. Within the blink of an eye, he dashed towards me at the same incredible speed he has had throughout this whole battle. But with much more force.

His sword clashed against mine in a loud and unpleasing clank, causing my feet to slide against the marble floor with ease from the sheer force he put on that blow. Leaving my smaller form to crash into one of the large red columns that were hidden behind the many red curtains.

"Gng!" A grunt erupted from my lips subconsciously. A stinging pain traveling up and down my spine, spreading to my legs and arms. Leaving them to shake for a few moments while trying to surpass the pain.  

"Oh careful there, Sunshine." He mocked out arrogantly. If he didn't have that disgusting mask on I bet I would be able to see a sickening smirk. "I forgot you're a girl so I have to take it easy on you..." He chuckled softly. 

You have no idea how badly I wanted to sit there and just shut my eyes and act like none of this was happening. To have wished so badly that none of this was real and it was all one big bad dream. I would suddenly wake up in my futon, I would be a little girl again... mom would be alive and we would do girl things. Cook, clean, sew... play dress up and giggle about stupid things.

The simple things I never got to enjoy fully before it was taken away from me.

I lived in a world were things can't be happily ever after. I live in a world were I as a girl won't ever be taken seriously. But they'll take away the things that make me happy. 

Clean and cook but don't get respect. Become a warrior, a demon slayer, to gain my respect. But even still, your nothing and will never be something. You weren't supposed to happen, you weren't in the original plan.