↫Calm After the Storm↬

Well... This has been a complete shit show of a night.

I thought to myself as I had to reattach my head to my body for the second time this night. I didn't even think I'd have to this once, let alone twice.

I won't lie to you. I've been passed out for a while now... I only just woke up.

So when I turned the corner after cracking my neck a few times, imagine my surprise when I saw everyone sitting in a semi-circle all turn to look at me.

"KYAAAA IT'S ANOTHER DEMON! THERE WAS ANOTHER ONE?!"

One of the wives screeched, pointing in my direction, scrambling to hide behind Uzui's massive build.

"You dumbass! She helped us win!" One of the other wives hissed at her.

"Where the hell have you been?! Think you could slack off!?" Uzui shouted at me followed by Tanjiro's and Zenitsu own words of acknowledgment.

"Y/N!"

"I'm glad you are okay!" 

I deadpanned at all of them, rethinking my decision on waking up. "Oh? I am so sorry, I was busy being dead," Pointing at Tengen I continued "AND I SAVED YOUR ASS FROM BLEEDING OUT!"

He scoffed at me "Only temporarily, it didn't last long at all." 

I felt my eyebrow twitch in annoyance, "I'll remember that next time..." I rolled my eyes turning my head away from them while crossing my arms. Now that the adrenaline from the battle has left I could feel the gloominess linger heavily. The events from the court palace rushing back to me. Remembering Kadzuki's condition causing me to grow anxious again.

Speaking of condition... I averted my eyes back to the group, glancing at Tengen, Tanjiro, and Inosuke, all of which I know were injected by poison. "How the hell are you still alive anyway? Didn't you get injected with poison?"

"Ah!" Tanjiro spoke up "I think Nezuko removed it by using her blood demon technique to burn it out. But I don't really know for sure..." I stared him dead in the eys as he said that. Distaste and jealousy creeping up on me unwillingly. "But their wounds are still there so I wouldn't recommend them moving."

What the hell was I even doing here? I did absolutely nothing. Just like always. 

What was I doing wrong? I don't understand, I was in the battle, I sacrificed myself plenty of times and I gave my all. I didn't even let fear take me over this time. But yet here I am again at the end of the fight, knowing I did nothing.

I clenched my fist in frustration.

How many more people have to get hurt before I finally get my shit together? Do I need to just give up all my morals and become a different person altogether?

"Yeah... I did nothing... again." I sighed looking off to the side and plopped down onto the ground, crossing my arms over my knees like a pouting child. That pretty much what I was at this point. Children are so useless and always need to be cared for because they can't do it themselves. You have to take care of them until they manage on their own.

Only in this case. I'll stay forever a child. 

Tanjiro worriedly started at while everyone else held perplexed expressions at my response. "Hey Y/N...?" Tanjiro softly called out while kneeling on the ground not far from me. "What happened on your mission?"

I snapped my head to face him, my eyes peering into his red ones. "Huh...?"

"I-I mean! Y-you've been kind of off this whole time... and you give off a different smell..."