🍒Mari🍒

Yet again! Another special idea from @ShyLilMoon lol can't wait to hear what else ya got. I changed it up it a little to fit the story and I hope I reached your expectations!

Also maybe slight NSFW, nothing descriptive, but it is suggestive. 

---------------------------

Today was the day! The day where I get to see my strong and handsome Daiki! It has been a long gruesome year since I left with papa to go on a trip for his fishing business and even though, I could still remember his scent of burnt wood and mint. Such an odd smell that never failed to ease my worries. His big dreamy smile, the crinkles that laced the side of his smile. His big e/c doe eyes lovingly staring back into my brown ones. Just thinking about his tan built arms wrapping around my itty-bitty waist sends shivers up my spine. Anticipation eating away at petite form.

The trip was supposed to last 3 years but had to be cut short due to papa catching an illness. He can barely stand and we had to come back on horseback. I was conflicted with this matter, thankful that I get to see my Daiki sooner but saddened knowing the last person from my family is on their last leg.

I trudged up the snowy mountain towards the wisteria shrine. Going down memory lane while thinking of what to say. I remember Daiki's mother asked me to stay at the shrine with y/n to take care of the twins. They were infants at that time, Daiki and his parents into town for multiple different things. I remember this is when I first got to actually meet y/n. She was so timid and shy at first but as the twins git more playful and the night grew darker she opened up. Joyful and full of ideas. Full of ambition and love.

She was the only friend I have really had other than Daiki of course. I never felt welcomed into the town village seeing as I was a bastard child, an affair my mother had with another man. But I was thankful for her, and I was even more thankful for Papa still accepting me even though I wasn't his child. He would give tooth and limb for me and I would do so in return.

I remember Papa would chase me and Daiki through the woods cursing at Daiki and begging me to slow down. Papa didn't like Daiki at first, thinking he was nothing but a desperate farmer boy. But once Daiki stood up to for me in front of older men wanting nothing more than an underaged girl's virginity. I remember how happy and relieved I was when Papa gave Daiki his blessing when he asked my hand in marriage. We were 16 at the time. So young and happy.

Never once did I think a bastard could be so lucky and blessed.

I felt my heart slightly quickened in pace once spotting the almost dead wisteria that was once so bright with purples and blues.

What happened?

Once I reached the shrine I let my pale finger glide over the smooth red and gold-colored walls. Letting my feet make the soft thud on the spruce floors. I've missed walking through these halls, hearing the giggles of Kaoru and the scream and banter from the twins.

The night before I left there was a festival. Lights so bright you could see every building from where the shrine laid at the top of the mountain. Daiki's family accompanied Papa to the festival and left us up there to watch over the shrine. We sat on the snowy ground watching the fireworks shooting into the sky. Oh, that fateful night... I will always remember what happened and held it close to heart.

We sat side by side, our shoulders pressed close together to help preserve whatever heat we could manage. His calloused hand slowly but gently gripped mine, the warmth transferring into my hand and traveled up my arm. I looked up to meet his e/c hues, they shined bright against the moonlight and the lights pouring off fireworks. We wanted to make this night count. Like it would be the last time we would see each other.