Prologue

You could say that Jeon Jungkook was just your typical 18-year-old. He sometimes went out on Saturday to get blind drunk with his friends and cause some chaos around their town, totally regretting every single one of his choices when he woke up the next morning. He loved to stay in all weekend, play videogames and eat junk food until he felt sick, stay up until his eyes burn so much he was forced to go to sleep. And despite all that, he had been accepted at a decent college nearby where he could study psychology which was his main interest as his grades were above average in school. All in all, his life was going great and he couldn't be happier. 

To top off all the happiness, after a long and torturous battle of pure denial, Jungkook had finally accepted his sexuality. When he plucked up the courage to come out as gay to his parents, they lovingly took him into their arms and expressed how proud they were of him, how they loved him no matter what. After a few disastrously failed relationships with girls from his school, it was just like taking a very deep breath of fresh, crisp air to finally be able to be himself. He was passed desperately trying to make relationships work with girls just for nothing to ever stick. After wasting a few agonising months with his last girlfriend, Jihyo, he couldn't be more relieved to never go through that again.

But, as all good things, all that happiness must come to an end.

A week before his high school graduation Jungkook received a call from Jihyo. It was in the middle of a very intense game of Overwatch when his phone begun ringing, and he knew something was wrong the second he saw the caller ID. It had been a whole 6 months since he last saw and spoke to Jihyo, the girl stopped attending school and refused to answer any of Jungkook's calls or texts asking if she was okay. So with curiosity burning inside him, he answered the phone wondering what she could possibly want and why she was contacting him now of all times.

"Hello?" He answered a little sceptically.

"Jungkook?"

"Jihyo where have you been? I was worried about you." Jungkook sat down on his bed whilst waiting for a reply from the girl, nervously picking at the skin around his fingers.

"That's what I was calling you about actually. I had to leave school because..." Jihyo trailed off leaving the phone call silent for a few seconds, although those seconds felt like an entire lifetime to Jungkook.

"Because of what?"

"Because I was pregnant, Jungkook," Jihyo said quickly as if she was forcing the words out of her mouth.

"W-what?" Jungkook stuttered out. 'Oh God, please don't say I'm the father, I cannot be a dad at 18' he thought to himself in pure panic as he fidgeted around on his bed waiting for the other to start speaking again. But, she continued to stay silent, forcing him to ask the next question. "Am I-erm-is it..." he tried to form the question but the anxiety stirring inside his stomach was preventing the words from falling together.

"Yes, it's yours," Jihyo said pointedly, tone sharp. The mood had suddenly shifted towards hostile.

That's when Jungkook's whole world came crashing down, all his plans breaking into pieces in front of his very eyes. There wasn't a chance he would have the time nor the money to attend college, not now he's facing the most demanding responsibility of his life.

"Don't worry though, I agreed with my parents to have the baby adopted. They wouldn't allow me to have an abortion so this is the least they can do," Jiyho scoffs. "I gave birth yesterday, it's a girl if you wanted to know. My mom made me call to see if maybe you'd want to see her before she goes."

"Y-you're putting her up for adoption? Our daughter?" Jungkook said in a whisper, he didn't want his mom or dad to overhear his conversation after all.