Sick Day

Asami rarely got sick, with all the vegetables she eats and vitamins Taehyung insists on her taking she was generally one of the healthiest children on earth. So, when Jungkook goes to her bedroom to wake her up one morning before school he is shocked to find her coughing and sniffling with her temperature burning up.

"Daddy, I feel icky." Asami croaks out, the whine evident in her voice from her discomfort.

"Poor little pancake." Jungkook sighs as he brushes the hair off of her face. "Just lay here, I'll get you some water and see if we have any medicine."

"What about school?" Asami pouts.

"You're not well enough for school, you need to rest up," Jungkook says soothingly before exiting the room, he groans as he walks down the stairs, trust his daughter to be sick when he's not allowed to take any more days off from work.

Taehyung raises an eyebrow when Jungkook walks into the kitchen and starts raiding the medicine cupboard. "I made you coffee," he says as he chews on a slice of toast. "What's wrong? Didn't you go to get Asami?"

"She's sick," Jungkook sighs for the tenth time that morning when he finds they have no medicine.

"How sick?" Taehyung asks, concern filling his body.

"Cough, cold, high temperature. I thought we had medicine but I must've thrown it away, she hasn't been sick in so long. Why does this have to happen today? I can't take any more time off of work so I'll have to get Jin to come round and take care of her, she's already sad that she has to miss a day of school and now we've got no medicine to make her feel even the slightest bit better, I-"

"Kookie, calm. You're not alone anymore, remember? I'll quickly drive down to the store and pick up some medicine, on the way I'll call Yoongi and ask him if someone could cover my class for today. Whilst I'm gone you can feed yourself and get ready for work, I'll make sure I'm back before you have to leave." Taehyung comfortingly cups Jungkook's face to make sure he calms down, he always did have a problem of panicking far too quickly.

Jungkook nods before leaning forward to kiss Taehyung causing them both to smile widely. "I'm sorry for always being such a panicked mess, I'm so glad you're around to save me from multiple breakdowns."

"It's what I do best," Taehyung says with a laugh, leaning forward one more time to kiss Jungkook before slipping out of his embrace to leave. "I'll be back as quick as I can."

Taehyung quickly runs out to his car and slips inside, he knows he has to rush if he wants Jungkook to leave for work on time so he really didn't have a second to spare. He makes sure his phone is connected to the car before dialling Yoongi's number and starting the engine, luckily Yoongi doesn't take long to answer the call.

"Hey Tae, what's up?"

"Is it possible for someone to cover my class today? Asami's woken up sick and I really want to stay with her for the day."

"That's fine, I can just ask one of the supplies to teach today. Send your lesson plans over to me and I'll get it all sorted, I hope Asami feels better soon."

"Thanks, Yoongles, you're a saint. I'd kiss you if we weren't both in committed relationships." Taehyung laughs when he hears Yoongi groan from the other end of the line.

"Your gratitude is enough for me, keep your lips to your fiancé. Call me tomorrow if you need another day off, bye Tae."

"Thanks again, bye!" Taehyung happily calls before the line goes dead. He sighs out in relief once the calls finished, he truly is thankful to have a close friendship with his boss, he knows he wouldn't be able to get away with taking the day off so last minute if he didn't. He makes a note to email over his lesson plans as soon as he returns home, praying he doesn't forget to.