Familiar Face

Weekly grocery shopping was always a pain for both Taehyung and Jungkook seen as they both hated it with a passion. The fact they had a five year old to keep tabs on as well only made the ordeal that bit more stressful, especially when said child wouldn't stop trying to convince them on agreeing to buy her countless amounts of candy. Today was no different, they were stood in the cereal aisle whilst Asami begged them to get the most sugary cereal she could possibly find.

"But it has a unicorn on the front of it!" The little girl whined.

"And it's incredibly bad for you, it'll rot your teeth. Do you want to look like one of the trolls from your fairytale books?" Jungkook asked. He knew he had won when he saw Asami's face instantly drop.

"Fine." Asami huffed.

Taehyung laughed at her, "How about you go and choose one of them princess magazines instead?"

Asami nodded happily before scurrying off to the magazine aisle. Jungkook angrily glared at Taehyung once she was out of sight, "Why did you tell her she could have a magazine? We both agreed to say no if she asked for one."

"We already denied her the cereal! Besides, it'll keep her busy for a least a little while once we're home, which means we can have some alone time." Taehyung wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

"Okay fine, maybe allowing her to have one isn't such a bad idea."

"Well, I am the smart one in this relationship after all."

"As if. You asked me yesterday if Dracula was real because you thought you saw him outside the kitchen window." Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"I swear I did see him!"

"Yeah, of course you did, baby." Jungkook shoves him playfully.

Both of the men laugh as they wait for Asami to come back to them, they dare not move in the fear the little girl will think she's been abandoned. They were immersed in conversation when the heard a voice behind them, both of them turned towards the sound in confusion.

"Jungkook?"

It takes Jungkook a little while to recognise the face, but once he does he instantly scowls, it's definitely not a face he wanted to see again in this lifetime. "Jihyo."

"It is you! Long time, no see." Jihyo smiles, although it's clear it's completely fake.

"I was hoping I'd never see you again." Jungkook states bluntly, he had no time for pleasantries with this woman.

"Oh come on, don't be like that. Wheres your kid? Did you get tired of her and dump her on your parents? I wouldn't blame you if you did, I'm sure you gave parenthood a good shot."

Jungkook clenches his jaw, trying to bite down the urge to scream at Jihyo in the middle of the store. He opens his mouth to say something but is cut off by the sound of Taehyung speaking instead, "He's a great father actually, Asami is just picking out a magazine for herself."

"And who are you exactly?" Jihyo furrows her eyebrows at him.

"Kim Taehyung, Jungkook's boyfriend." Taehyung smiles as he extends his hand for a handshake, only to drop it when the woman just glares at him and makes no move to return the greeting.

Jihyo scoffs as her focus turns back to Jungkook, "Oh yeah, I forgot you turned gay after we dated."

"Well actually I just made peace with the fact I was gay after I dated you, but you can think like that if it helps you sleep at night." Jungkook shrugs.

"Tata, can you help me choose one? I want this one because Ariel is on the front and you know she's my favouritest princess, but this one comes with a necklace!" Asami says as she approaches the adults, holding up two magazine options.