Meeting Him

The second school morning was thankfully more tame for Jungkook. Being woken by his torturous alarm is something that he didn't think he would ever be so happy about, but after experiencing a screaming five-year-old jumping all over him, he'll choose it over that any day. Asami slept until it was time to wake her, leaving Jungkook with time to wash and dress himself before he had to take care of his child. It was a wondrous change of pace. 

"Time to get up little squidge," Jungkook says softly as he opens the curtains allowing the morning sunlight to pour into the room, casting pretty beams over the soft, baby pink carpet.

"Daddy, m'sweepy," Asami hugs her lion plushie close to her chest, refusing to open her eyes.

"You'll be late for school if you don't get up. You don't want to miss out on seeing all your new friends now, do you?" 

Asami shakes her head although contradicts the action by remaining unmoving in her bed.

"Well, it just so happens that a little goblin spoke to me last night and told me if you didn't get up for school on time he'd come back to your room tonight and nibble your toes off." Jungkook teases which causes the little girl's eyes to immediately snap open, jumping up from her bed seeming wide awake all of a sudden.

"I don't want him to eat my toes daddy! Don't let him!" Asami pleads as she clings onto his arm for protection.

"Well pancake, since you're up now I'm sure he'll spare you. Quickly choose something to wear though, just to be on the safe side."

Asami nods frantically before rummaging around in her wardrobe for a dress she could wear as Jungkook watches her fondly, quietly laughing to himself. He always knows how to get her moving without bringing on a tantrum. 

That morning, they arrive at the school slightly earlier than needed since Jungkook had to be in work early to make up for his lateness yesterday. It was obvious that his boss didn't understand the hardships of parenting. 

They approach Jin and Namjoon who are unsurprisingly already there, watching as their daughter played hopscotch on the playground.

"Morning amigos."

"Must you always greet us weirdly?" Jin sighs.

"Of course I 'must'," Jungkook mocks before he crouches down to speak to his daughter, "Daddy has to leave now because the big bad work people want him in earlier this morning. Stay with Jinie and Joonie until your class starts and I'll see you at the end of the day, okay?" he kisses her forehead before giving her a tight hug.

"Ok, daddy!" Asami nods in agreement before joining Hana on the playground.

Jungkook stands back up before turning to his friends "You sure it's okay to leave her with you?"

"Kook, there's only half an hour before their class starts, we'll manage. I've taken care of her for much longer in the past, just go to work and stop stressing," Jin consoles him with a smile.

"Thanks, guys, I'll see you later," Jungkook says with a relieved sigh, although his body still seemed slightly reluctant to leave. It takes every ounce of energy he has to turn and walk away. 

Jungkook is so occupied with replying to a work email and still forcing himself not to look back as he walked through the carpark, he doesn't realise the person walking towards him. In a second, they collide with a thud, causing the other to drop all the books he was holding all over the floor.

"Shit, I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going," Jungkook crouches down immediately, gathering up the dropped books. Highly embarrassed over his carelessness. 

"Don't apologise, I wasn't looking either, I'm equally at fault." Taehyung smiles, cursing the entire World inside his mind. Of all the people he could've bumped into this morning it had to be the man he's been dying to get a chance to speak to. What a way to meet the man of his dreams for the first time. 

"Here you go, I hope nothing is ruined," Jungkook holds them out to him with an apologetic smile. As he passes them over he takes a good look at the others face, almost wowing at how beautiful he is but thankfully stopping himself before he adds to the embarrassment. 

Taehyung takes the books quickly, noticing the others intense stare and trying to will the heat away from burning his cheeks. "Erm- I'm Taehyung, Kim Taehyung... I'm a kindergarten teacher here," he says with a shy smile.

"Do you always introduce yourself like James Bond?" Jungkook laughs. "I'm Jeon Jungkook, my daughter just started here yesterday."

"I know, I saw you drop her off at the classroom door. Asami is an amazing child, she's leading the class already," Taehyung smiles brightly. Jungkook swears he could melt from how radiant it is.

"Thank you, I'm sure she'd love to hear you say that," Jungkook laughs again, the soft sound causing Taehyung to only fall more in love with the man before him. 

"I have to go, I'm gonna be late for work if I stand here any longer. It was great meeting you, Taehyung! Make sure you teach my little angel loads of important things."

"I'll try my best," Taehyung giggles. "It was great meeting you too, Jungkook."

And with that, Jungkook is rushing towards his car again, this time making sure he's paying attention to his surroundings to prevent bumping into any more innocent people. 

Back in the middle of the carpark, Taehyung is left with a heart that's practically beating out of his chest and butterflies swarming within his stomach which are willing to stay for hours. It truly felt as if he were living within his own romance movie.