The Loveable Teacher

Taehyung was a man who loved many things in life. He loved painting, drawing, singing, everything creative really. But, none of these held a candle to his main love; teaching.

For 3 years now he's been able to live his dream, each year teaching a classed filled with bright-eyed children within a school in the heart of Seoul. To him, nothing was more rewarding than watching them grow and learn with the knowledge he shares. It really was the best job he could've asked for. And that's exactly why he becomes so excitable for the first day of term whilst many others dread it. It was another chance to kickstart his classes education, give them the best start to their academic life.

Awakening early, he promptly dresses up in his favourite shirt. A simple white, crisp one with the prettiest light blue embroidery, pairing it with smart black pants to match. The perfect 'smart casual' look. He smooths his clothes over with his hands before strolling over to the mirror, checking his hair wasn't sticking out in all odd and peculiar directions. He was teased for his unkempt hair once before, never again will he allow it to happen. His pride was too fragile now.

Once he was finally happy with the way he looked he headed for the door, sparing a quick glance at the clock before he shrugs on a jacket. He was running early, something that didn't come as a surprise, 45 minutes early in fact. That knowledge only calmed him, knowing he'd rather have more time to organise himself than rush through it all. Being early never bothered him.

Driving through clear roads instead of hitting the rush hour traffic is yet another reason that Taehyung loves being early. Adding time into his usually short journey really isn't something he'll ever be a fan of, so avoiding all the traffic is an added cheerfulness to his already ecstatic mood. It feels as if he were floating on a cloud as he pulls up in the school carpark, parking in his regular spot since the majority of the spaces were still free.

Looking around, Taehyung struggles to see any other signs of life, only being able to catch a glance of one couple already there watching their child happily bounce around the playground. He decides to greet them before he enters the building, eager to establish a good rapport with the parents. Whether their child is one he teaches or not.

"Good morning," Taehyung cheerfully greets as he stops in front of the couple.

"Good morning! I'm guessing you're a teacher seen as you don't have a kid with you," One of the men observes, smiling just as brightly in return.

Taehyung chuckles slightly, "well, it would be weird if I wasn't," he jokes. "I'm Kim Taehyung, I teach kindergarten," he says as he holds out his hand for the men to shake.

Both of them shake his hand warmly, "I'm Kim Seokjin and this is my husband Kim Namjoon. That's our little girl, Hana over there. I think she'll be in your class," Jin smiles.

"She's adorable," Taehyung smiles back. "The first day of a new school year is always exciting, it's always great to meet a new class."

"Well, Hana is an angel so you'll definitely have no trouble with her. She's been excited to start school for so long now," Namjoon assures.

Taehyung laughs again, "good to know. Well, I should be heading inside to get everything ready for the little ones. It's been lovely talking to you," he says with a bright grin as they exchange their goodbyes.

As Taehyung finally makes his way inside the building, he's immediately met with the sight of his best friend picking up papers from the ground. He bites his lip to keep himself from laughing, knowing that he dropped them out of sheer clumsiness. "You have to stop being such a butterfingers, Chim."

The sudden voice made Jimin jump, falling onto the floor from the crouching position he was previously in. "Jesus Christ, Tae. You almost gave me a heart attack!" He frowns as he dramatically clutches his heart.