Family

Weeks passed and Taehyung and Jungkook continued to get closer and closer. They would stay up on the phone with each other almost every night, which was probably a bad idea seen as they were both quite tired for work the next day, but they didn't mind if it meant them falling asleep to each others voice. They went on dates every Saturday night seen as they both had that night free, the noodle shop had become their typical date spot and they both now had a goal to try every single dish on the menu. Things were going great, they couldn't be happier with each other, falling more and more in love each day.

It was one particular Saturday night that Jungkook decided he wanted to make things official. They were saying goodbye at Taehyung's door like they always did, the moonlight was illuminating the elder's features making him look even more beautiful than usual causing Jungkook's heart to practically leap out of his chest.

"I want to ask you something... feel free to say no, don't feel pressured to say yes because if you don't want to that's totally fine-"

Taehyung stopped the younger from rambling by cupping his face sweetly, "Kookie, calm down. You can ask me anything."

"Okay, erm... okay." Jungkook took a deep breath, why was he finding this so hard? "Tae, would you, erm... would you like to be my boyfriend?"

Jungkook held his breath as he waited for a reply, panic filling his body as soon as the words left his mouth. He wondered if it was too soon to ask, they've only been dating for a few weeks, maybe a little over a month. He stared at Taehyung trying to read his reaction, fearing that he just messed everything up until the elder broke out in the brightest smile he had ever seen from him.

Taehyung squealed as he lunged forward to Jungkook, wrapping his arms his arms around him tightly. "I would love nothing more than to be your boyfriend."

"Really?" Jungkook said in disbelief.

Taehyung pulled away so he could look into Jungkook's eyes, showing he truly meant his words. "Really, Kookie."

It was Jungkook's turn to squeal now, pulling Taehyung into a kiss which was too much teeth and spit due to their excitement but neither of them really cared. They kissed for a while, both giggling against each other's lips feeling like they were in heaven.

"I want you to meet Asami." Jungkook said once they fully detached from each other.

"But I've already met her... I'm her teacher, remember?" Taehyung raised an eyebrow in confusion, wondering if the younger truly forgot that fact.

"No, I want you to meet her as my boyfriend. We always go for ice cream on Sunday's, come with us."

"Kookie, I don't want to intrude. That's your family thing to do, I wouldn't want to spoil that."

Jungkook gently shakes his head, reaching a hand up to softly stroke Taehyung's cheek. "Tae, you're part of our family now, I want to do things like this with you and Asami. I want us to go out for ice cream and have family dinners and take Asami to the fair when it comes to town, It's something I've always dreamed of doing once my family was complete and I truly believe that you're the one to complete it."

Taehyung feels his heart being squeezed by Jungkook's words, "I've always dreamed of stuff like that too, I never thought I would actually be able to do any of that though."

"Well, now you can. Meet us at the ice cream shop at 2pm tomorrow?"

Taehyung nods happily, giving Jungkook one last lingering kiss before opening the door to enter his house. "Goodnight, Kookie. I'll see you tomorrow."

"I can't wait. Goodnight, Tae."

"Ice cream Sunday! Ice cream Sunday!" Asami runs around the house excitedly singing.

Jungkook laughs at the little girl, there's nothing that gets her more excited than their little ice cream dates. "Pancake, can a talk to you for a minute?"

Asami nods quickly before climbing onto the sofa to sit next to her dad, looking at him with wide eyes once she was comfortably seated.

"How would you feel if someone joined us for ice cream today?" Jungkook asks carefully, generally worried about what his daughter's answer would be.

"Who, daddy?" Asami asks confused.

"It's a surprise."

The little girl makes an O shape with her mouth, eyes lighting up at the word 'surprise'. She nods quickly before sliding back off the sofa, even more excited now that she knows something else is happening, Jungkook just hopes she reacts well to it.

They arrived at the ice cream shop around half an hour later. Jungkook was a little nervous about telling his little girl about his relationship with Taehyung so his movements were slower than usual, taking his time with getting himself and Asami out of the car so he could avoid the interaction for as long as possible. He was however excited to see the elder again, it had only been a little over half a day since they last saw each other and he was already missing him a lot.

Jungkook crossed the road as he held Asami's little hand, making sure she didn't run off seen as she had grown a tendency to do so. He let go as soon as they entered the shop, figuring it was okay if she ran off to go and choose a table to sit at seen as that was what she always did. He smiled at the lady behind the counter, all the workers knew them seen as they were regulars.

"Tata!" Asami squealed as she saw the man sitting in a booth towards the back of the shop.

Jungkook was a little surprised that he was already there, he thought they were early but by checking his watch quickly he realised that they were, in fact, a little late.

"Look daddy, Tata's here!"

"I know, Pancake. He's who we're having ice cream with today." Jungkook said with a smile as he approached the table.

The little girl grew more excited by that, happy that she gets to spend a day with her favourite teacher. "Can I sit next to you?" She asks Taehyung.

"Of course you can, sweetie." Taehyung coos as he scoots to the other side of the seat, making plenty of room for the girl to sit down.

Jungkook sits down on the opposite side, smiling at the two in front of him. "We actually wanted to tell you something." He gets straight to the point, the sooner he tells his daughter what's going on, the sooner he can stop panicking about it.

Asami nods happily, fumbling around with her hands in her lap as she swings her legs in her seat.

"Me and Taehyung are actually together."

The little girls' eyes shine brightly after the words leave her dads mouth. "Like boyfriends?" She asks hopefully.

"Yes, Pancake, like boyfriends." Jungkook laughs.

Asami squeals loudly gaining the attention of other people in the shop, she cuddles up against Taehyung's side as she continues to make joyful noises. "I dreamed that one day you would join our family." She mumbles against Taehyung's jacket.

Taehyung's heart swells at the words as he wraps his arms around the child to hug her back, so incredibly happy that she accepted him straight away. He looked at Jungkook who had glassy eyes, the sight making him want to start crying as well.

"Daddy, why are you crying?" Asami asks with concern as a tear falls from Jungkook's eye.

Jungkook quickly wipes the tear away, "They're happy tears, I'm just really, really happy." He laughs lightly.

The three of them ate together, laughing at the little stories that Asami was telling Taehyung. He already felt included within the family, as if he fit in perfectly like the missing part of the puzzle. They all had everything they ever wanted, and their hearts were practically bursting from the amount of love.