Excitement

Taehyung and Jungkook both knew that life with two children and one dog would not be at all easy, but that doesn't mean they were ready for just how difficult it truly was. They had to change their entire schedule which they had grown so comfortable with over the past two years, and changing it was definitely not an over night thing. They were exhausted, so exhausted that they barely remembered who each other were half the time.

Thankfully over time they grew used to everything, finally adjusting to having a new baby. However, Taehyung was still mildly terrified about doing things by himself. He tries his best not to be since he knows Jungkook won't be on paternity leave forever, but every time he thinks about being left alone without his husband to call when he feels he is doing something wrong makes him feel nauseous.

But all Taehyung's bad thoughts were pushed away when he gets a phone call one morning from his best friends telling him that their baby had also been born, they also had a little boy who they named Jongho. He had been so excited he almost screamed the whole house down, having to cover his mouth in fear of completely terrifying both his children. He wasn't even off the phone for two seconds before he was frantically telling Jungkook to get himself ready, desperately wanting to go to the Park household and meet the new arrival.

"What's wrong?" Jungkook asks, panicked by his husband's sudden frantic behaviour so early in the morning, they hadn't even had breakfast yet.

"Chim and Hobi's baby, we have to go and meet him!"

Jungkook sighs in relief, he should've known it would be something like this. Ever since Minjun had been born Taehyung's been eagerly awaiting the arrival of Jimin and Hoseok's child so they could share the experience, it was a given that he would be over excited when the moment finally came.

"Can't we have breakfast first? I'm not leaving the house without the kids being fed. Plus we need to feed Yeontan, we can't leave him alone with no food."

"Ok, fine. What child do you want to feed? I'll take the other one." Taehyung stops to ask, eagerly eyeing Jungkook in wait of an answer.

"You're making it sound like a mission," Jungkook laughs, stopping when the elder begins tapping his foot impatiently. "I'll feed Minjun, you can go get Asami. But just make her cereal or something, I don't want the kitchen burnt down."

"I'm getting better at cooking I'll have you know, your mom thinks I'm great at it."

"Fine, make her some toast then."

Taehyung rolls his eyes before leaving the room, but not before telling Jungkook again to hurry up and get himself moving. In fear of being yelled at the younger does just that, heading downstairs straight away to heat up a bottle for Minjun's morning feed. In reality, he didn't want to leave the house but he'll bite his tongue and stay quiet since he knows Taehyung was really happy, he would never want to ruin his happiness.

Luckily the baby was already waking up when Jungkook entered the nursery, he would've hated to wake him up and have to deal with the crying before he could actually feed him. "Morning, little one," he smiles as he picks him up, loving the way Minjun blinks up at him with his big eyes. He decides to change and dress Minjun before he feeds him, thinking it'll kill time in the long run and get him in less trouble with Taehyung for being slow.

Something about the act of feeding a baby was completely peaceful for Jungkook, the feeling brings him back to when he used to almost fall asleep feeding Asami and his mom would always have to tap him to keep him awake. The memory makes him smile, he truly was grateful he was able to experience it all again and now with someone he loves with all his heart instead of being alone. As he's thinking of Taehyung the man himself shows up in the doorway, looking more calm with a small smile on his face and he looks at the scene in front of him.