Halloween

It was the day before halloween and Asami still hasn't decided what she wants to dress up as. All of Jungkook's suggestions seem to be instantly dismissed so ultimately he's just given up trying to help the fussy child.

"You have to decide what you want to go trick or treating as whilst we're still in town, if we go home without buying a costume you'll have to choose something from your closet." Jungkook urges, praying it pushes his daughter into finally making a decision.

Asami huffs as holds her dads hand tightly, frightened of being lost in the crowd of people walking through the streets. "Can't we just go to the shop now? If I see the costumes maybe I can choose easier!"

"We're heading to get groceries first, we will go to the shop afterwards." Jungkook sighs, this has to be at least the 10th time she's asked him that question.

As they head into the grocery store Jungkook lets go of his daughters hand so he can pick up a basket. "Just don't run off, i'm trusting you to be a good girl." he warns.

Asami follows her dad obediently around the store as she constantly complains about how bored she is. It isn't until Jungkook is distracted that the little girl spots someone and goes running off down the aisle.

Jungkook turns back around only to discover is daughter is missing, panic instantly filling his body. "Shit." he mutters and he rushes down the aisle praying she hasn't gone too far. As soon as he turns the corner he's met with a beautiful pair of big brown eyes making him freeze in place.

"Look daddy, I found Tata!" Asami announces proudly as she tugs on his sleeve causing Jungkook to be brought back down to earth.

"Asami I told you not to run off, you scared the life out of me!" The man scolds angrily making his daughter pout.

"I'm sworry daddy, I just saw Tata and got excited."

"You still should never run away little one, you could've been hurt without your dad around to protect you." Taehyung smiles sweetly as he speaks to the girl, wanting her to understand what she did was wrong without making her even more sad.

Asami nods in understanding, continuing to to play with the sleeve of Jungkook's jacket. Jungkook gives Taehyung a smile to show he's grateful for the backup.

"Are you excited for halloween tomorrow, Asami?" Taehyung asks in an attempt to lighten the child's mood.

"Yes, I can't wait to eat so much candy!"

"Although she still can't decide what she's dressing up as." Jungkook laughs slightly, the noise making Taehyung smile.

"I wanted to go as a mermaid but daddy said no." Asami huffed.

"That's because i'm not carrying you around the neighbourhood, you can't walk if you have a fin, I explained this to you."

Taehyung laughs at the interaction finding the way Jungkook acts with his daughter complete and utterly adorable. He wants nothing more than to be apart of that, to protect and love them both with his entire being.

"Why don't you go as a witch? That's a classic." Taehyung suggests.

"But everyone is going to be a witch!" Asami whines making Jungkook roll his eyes slightly, fed up with her not deciding.

"Well you'll just have to be a better witch than the others, I think you'll have much stronger powers than they will." Taehyung was desperately trying to help Jungkook out, he could see how tired he looked and whatever he could do to take the edge off he was happy to do.

Asami jumped in her spot clapping her hands excitedly. "I'll be the best witch ever! All the others are butt faces!"

"Pancake we spoke about using the term 'butt faces', it isn't nice." Jungkook sighs before turning to Taehyung and lowering his voice so his daughter wouldn't hear. "Thank you so much, you have no idea how long i've been trying to get her to pick a god damn outfit."

"I'm happy to help. I'm practically an expert in getting kids to cooperate, perks of being a teacher." Taehyung chuckles lightly.

Jungkook smiles gratefully before he looks down at Asami who is standing beside him staring up at both of the men. "We better get going if you want a witch costume, they might all be taken if we don't hurry."

"But I don't want to leave Tata!"

"I'm sure Taehyung has his own things to do, you'll see him at school in a few days anyway." Jungkook just wanted to be back home at this point, he needs to lie down to ease his growing headache.

"Okay." Asami reluctantly agrees with her pout making it's way back onto her face. "Bye Tata! I hope you get a lot of candy tomorrow!"

"I hope you get a lot of candy too, but make sure you stay safe whilst trick or treating and don't run away from your dad again." Taehyung smiles fondly at the little girl. "I'll see you next Monday, Jungkook." he says sweetly before walking off, leaving Jungkook gazing after him as he leaves.

The next evening Jin and Namjoon come round to Jungkook's house so their daughter's could trick or treat together, it's always less excruciating if you have other parents to speak to as your child goes door to door around the neighbourhood.

"You finally got her to choose an outfit then I see." Jin laughs as they sit in the living room, waiting until it was time to leave.

"I didn't actually, Taehyung did."

"Taehyung?!" Namjoon whisper yelled to make sure the girls didn't overhear the familiar name.

"Hmm, yeah." Jungkook said casually. "We ran into him in the supermarket and he talked Asami into dressing up as a witch. He said some bullshit about how she could be the most powerful witch of them all, was genius really."

"Sooooo..." Jin starts and Jungkook knows exactly what he's about to say. "Do you think you like Taehyung?"

Jungkook groans loudly at the question. "I've barely even spoken to the man. He's super attractive I will admit but you'd have to be blind to not see that. He's a nice person, quite funny, super gentle with Asami. But do I like him? Too early to say."

Jin squeals loudly causing both the children to look up from their toys with concern. "Sorry girls, I just got a little bit too overexcited."

"A little bit?" Jungkook scoffs.

"Anyway. You both ready to go trick or treating then?" Namjoon asks the two excited girls who instantly drop what they were doing and shoot up before running to the door to get their shoes on.

"I guess they're ready." Jin laughs as he follows them.

"Well Joon, lets prepare ourselves for an hour worth of watching our kids knock on doors." Jungkook takes a deep breath before standing up, making Namjoon laugh from the other sofa.

"Cannot wait Kook, cannot wait."