New Addition

Asami wakes up to the sweet smell of pancakes, a big grin spreading across her face when she remembers that today was the day she'd been waiting all month for, her birthday. She jumps out of bed and scurries down the stairs to see her dad over the stove flipping a pancake, calmly humming to himself. "DADDY!"

Jungkook startles and almost drops the pan on the floor, he silently curses his daughter for always being so silent so nobody can ever hear her sneaking up on them. "Happy birthday, pancake! Breakfast will be ready in a second so sit down," he composes himself enough to say.

"Where's Tata?"

"He went out to get your present, he should be back soon," Jungkook answers softly as he places some chocolate chip pancakes onto the plate in front of Asami.

"Yay presents!!" Asami cheered before stuffing a fork full of food into her mouth.

Jungkook simply laughed at her before sitting down to eat his own breakfast, excited for his little girl's surprise to arrive.

Taehyung had managed to convince Jimin and Hoseok to take care of the little puppy for two weeks, which was proving to be a mistake at this moment seen as both of the men had grown attached and were having a hard time saying goodbye.

"You can come to see him whenever you want, stop being such babies." Taehyung sighs as he scoops the puppy into his arms.

"It's not the same!" Jimin sniffles.

"Then get your own puppy."

Jimin seems to think about it for a second but soon gets shut down by Hoseok telling them that they don't have time for a dog, making the younger's face drop in sadness.

"Aw, cheer up, Chim. He won't let you have a dog, but maybe you two can start talking about adoption." Taehyung winks.

"Don't put the ideas in his head, children are way more responsibility than dogs are!"

"I want a baby!" Jimin claps excitedly, making Hoseok angrily glare at Taehyung.

Taehyung laughs nervously before grabbing the bag filled with the puppies stuff, "That's my queue to leave. Thank you for taking care of the puppy! Love you both!"

Taehyung leaves in a hurry, not allowing himself to even hear the next words out of either of his best friends' mouths. He places the bag on the back seat before carefully placing the puppy in the dog carrier on the passenger seat, making sure he's safe and sound before making his way around to the driver's side. He was so excited to see Asami's reaction to the adorable puppy, he knows just how excited she's going to be once she see's him and that fills his whole body with joy.

"You're going to fit right into the family, little one. You'll love Asami and I'm sure she'll love you just as much, and she'll play with you all the time so you'll never be bored." Taehyung speaks to the little puppy in the carrier beside him as he drives.

"Jungkook will pretend he doesn't like you at first, he's been complaining ever since I got him to agree to let you come live with us, but he's a massive softie so he'll warm up in no time. Don't feel bad if it's not straight away, he'll just be trying to prove a point like the stubborn man he is." Taehyung laughs. "They accepted me into their family so well, I was just like you before I met Kookie, practically all alone in the world without a family to spend my days with... but he saved me from that, just like we'll save you."

Taehyung smiles to himself as he parks his car outside the house, he glances over to the carrier only to see the little puppy fast asleep inside. It was a shame to wake him up, but he knows he can't sit in the car until he's fully rested, he'll be sitting there for hours if he did that.