Chapter 8 Part 4: A Burden

Oh wow! I'm getting chapters done really quickly! I am so proud of myself! Also, I just want to say thank you to everyone who is reading this story! We have reached over 1,000 views which to me is a milestone in this book so thank you to everyone who made that possible! <3 Without further ado, let's get right into the chapter! 

Kai's POV:

"Kai wake up! It's an emergency!" A panicked voice pleaded to me as the body of the voice shook my sleeping body into reality.

I groggily opened my eyes, "What is it Cole?"

"A bomb exploded on the opposite side of town! Zane left just a while ago to help put out the fire and get citizens to safety while I came here to wake you up" Cole responded.

With fully opened eyes and one big breath, I swung my legs over the side of my bed and scrambled to my closet to put on my ninja gi.

"Hurry up and put the clothes on already!" Cole whined as he tapped his foot in annoyance because I was being too "slow" for him.

"Don't rush me! I'm already stressed enough with Lloyd, Nya, and Jay not here to help when something goes wrong! Especially since Lloyd, our LEADER, is not here! Usually it's not just the three of us!" I snapped as I fumbled the gi around in my hand and slipped the sleeves over my arms.

"Okay let's go!" I put my mask down and ran out the door to which Cole put his mask down as well and chased after me.

We hopped on our dragons and raced over to the site that the bomb had exploded in. As we zipped through the city, citizens in the streets below marveled at our dragons and pointed fingers at the colorful dragons.

"Where did the bomb explode again?" I asked Cole paying no notice to the citizens down below.

"Um, 143 American Lane? I'm pretty sure, that sounds somewhat right..." Cole answered with slight uncertainty in his voice.

"143...143...1, 4...3" I mumbled to myself wondering where I heard that address from. I searched through my brain for an answer and when I found one my eyes went wide, "THAT'S Y/N'S HOUSE!"

"Y/N? As in the Y/N-- the one Lloyd always talks about?" Cole asked.

"Yeah the one he is probably making googly eyes at right now" I remarked which caused a chuckled to come from Cole's mouth.

We spotted a torn up house that was half covered in ice and half covered in flames- or at least on the three-quarters of the house that still remained standing was half covered in flames. What would've been Y/N's room was now completely destroyed and broken off of the house due to the bomb. Police cars surrounded the house, blocking the pedestrians from getting in, as Zane was using his ice powers to prevent the raging fire from spreading to the remaining pieces of the house. Cole and I dove down to the police cars and hopped off our dragons.

"Sir, what happened here?" Cole asked the first police officer he saw.

"Oh- Mr. Ninja! I'm so glad you came! Do you know if the rest of your team is coming?" The police officer said to me and Cole.

"Sorry sir, they are on a- a training mission and are currently away at the moment!" I replied off the top of my head.

"That's a shame. Anyways, as you can see, the house in on fire and the ice ninja is helping us patch everything up." The officer told us.

"Sir, are there any casualties? If so how many? Who?" Cole asked the officer.

"Let me call over our pathologist, he has the records" the officer told Cole. "HEY, CAN SOMEONE SEND OVER MATT?" the officer yelled over to the police men who were watching a young boy being loaded into an ambulance, he was wearing all purple and had brown hair.