Chapter 11: The Return Of The Snarky Sharky

Just gonna say this now, sorry for any moments the book says it has updated but no new chapters have been posted. That probably happens because I am editing or looking through other parts of my story and I probably published something again by accident.

And the picture... yeah don't ask. (I was bored) 

(Omgosh I'm cringing hard, making that wasn't a good idea. Abort mission, abort abort)

Well let's get on with the show, hope you enjoy. I know I always say this but it gives me extra words for the chapter and it fills up space so deal with it.

??? POV:

"Sir, are you ready to proceed with Wave 2?" A man in a stiff, white coat asked as he trembled under the black throne I was seated on.

The room I was in was dark almost pitch black, but the red lights gave a slight glow so a human's eyes could see enough to not walk into anything. The blackness of the room nourished my weakened body opposite to the Vitamin D humans got from sunlight. The blackness helped me sustain the little power I had until more power could be given to me.

 IV's and other medical supplies were strapped into parts of my body, mainly my chest and my arms, causing limited movement. A purplish liquid seeped into my body through the multiple cords. 

Even with my weakened state, my presence among the man was intimidating. "Is he ready? Are his men ready?" I boomed, my voice still strong opposite to that of my body, as I questioned the man who worked for my... coworker you could say.

The man cowered underneath me as he bowed, "Yes my lord, they are ready"

A devilish smirk made its way to my face as I clasped my fingers together, "Very good, you may commence with Wave 2. Bring the EPC with you, we want to get everything we can."

"Yes sir" The man bowed again and rushed out of the room, itching to get away from my presence.

Lloyd's POV:

"Hey, you ready for school?" I asked my girlfriend as I swung my green backpack over my shoulder.

She grimaced, "It feels different without my dad bribing to drive me to school with Starbucks"

I frowned as I shamed myself through my thoughts for continuing to bring back memories of her parents. I have concluded to myself that I am possibly the worst boyfriend ever.

"If we leave now we can make it to Starbucks before we get to school!" I offered her hoping her life now isn't going to be much different from her life with her parents.

Her e/c eyes lit up with excitement, "Really!?"

"My treat" I smirked at her, proud of myself for redeeming the pain of the memory. You can't blame me for being a bad boyfriend! I've never had a girlfriend in my life! I don't even know how I managed to have this angel as my girl because I probably can't get a girl to swoon on my life!

"No no no, I couldn't do that to you! I'll pay for myself!" She waved her hands as she shook her head no. "You and your family have already spent so much money on me," she gestured to the new clothes she was wearing and the new school supplies she had, "I can't do this to you"

I stared at her with a blank face. I shrugged, "Your loss!"

Satisfied with my answer she swung her backpack over her shoulders and led me out the door towards Starbucks.

"So what are you getting?" I asked Y/N to try and spark up conversation between us instead of walking in silence.

"Pumpkin Spice Latte" Y/N answered without hesitation. "I would do anything for that drink! Literally anything!"