Chapter 9: Broken Things

Oh my gosh.

I thought I would never see the day where I post a chapter 9. Be glad this isn't a chapter 8 part 6. XD

Also, it's been something like 3 weeks since I updated... Sorry! I will start updating more now that I am on break!

Anyways let's get on to the story...

Y/N POV:

A lump formed in my throat as I stared at the blurry ocean that formed on the ground. My throat hurt from the lump that was forming in it as my stomach churned in agony, increasing the uncomfortable pain that swallowed me.

I should be with my parents in a place where the sky is blue and the clouds are a fluffy white. We would be laughing together as we looked at all the memories we had created in our life, flipping through our worst and best moments like a picture book. I should be dead.

As I fell to the ground in a wave of emotions, I didn't hear the soft footsteps come into the room, stepping on the ground as if it was porcelain that would break under too much pressure. The steps looked around the room seeing tables that were turned and broken into two chunks, the glass from the window were shattered by impact that once had been here, the caramel sofas displayed white fluff emerging from the sides of the couches.

After a moment of silence, warm arms wrapped around my body and sweet nothings were whispered into my ear. I let out a loud sob as I slumped closer to the floor. His sweet words flowed in and quickly out of my ringing ears. I didn't bother to let his comforting words be processed through my brain. I let any love he had to offer be drowned by my tears.

His body shifted around mine so that we were facing each other, his green eyes burned holes in my red ones. I looked down at the wet ground so I wouldn't burst into a stronger wave of ugly, black sorrow.

Lloyd spread out his arms inviting me to his safe body. I leap towards him and wrapped my arms around his neck as I sobbed into his chest. His arms closed around me tightly as he kissed my hair to comfort me.

"W-w-w-why d-did they h-h-have to d-d-d-d-die?" I hiccuped as I tried to hold the tears back into my throat.

Lloyd's eyes reflected my misery, "I-I I'm so sorry"

I looked up at Lloyd's somber face, "Why c-couldn't the n-ninja's stop this from- from happening?" I pleaded to him for answers.

Lloyd's eyes became glossy as a hidden guilt consumed him, "I-I-I don't k-know... We- they just d-didn't expect this... by the time they got there, y-your parents were..."

I let out another stressed sob to which Lloyd responded by pulling me closer and tighter to his chest, "Y/N I- you- you must stay strong. For me, for your parents..."

I looked up at Lloyd and wiped the tears from my gloomy eyes, "It's so hard to Lloyd! Everything I thought I had is gone! I have no family, I have no home, I have no one!" A quiet hiss echoed through the house.

"That's not true Y/N, you have me! You can live with me and my mother! We wouldn't mind, I'll keep you safe, I'll give you a home, I'll give you a family!" Lloyd pleaded to me, asking that I would stay with him.

I looked back at the floor, wiping my eyes to dry up the rivers that flowed down my face, "I would be intruding- and- and I don't want that..."

"Y/N, love, please. This- this is the least I could do for you. I'm not offering, I'm pleading that you come with me. You have no where else to go, no where else to continue your life. Tell me, what else can you do!?" Lloyd sated as he forced his cracked words through his own guilty soul.