Chapter 24: Chaotic Uprisings

I don't know what to write so here you go. Sorry that it took a while to update! Enjoy! :)

Word Count: 4198

The ninja were running through the halls of the monastery, a determined look spread across their faces as they searched for their weapons. Zane stopped one last time to check on Misako who was in the medical room unconscious with IV's pumping fluids into her veins.

Because of his absence throughout the week, Lloyd promised he would be at training over the weekend. However, he broke his promise demonstrating unworthy behavior as the Green Ninja and a disappointed Sensei.

Sensei Wu knew this was out of character for the rule following boy so he waited throughout the week with high hopes that the boy would show up and explain this confusion. However, he never showed to Wu's dismay.

On Monday, when the ninja went back to the boring schedule of school, Lloyd wasn't present at school and neither was Y/N.

During lunch, Kai looked down at his phone seeing all the texts that were left on delivered. Kai sighed looking back up at his team as Harumi was telling them that Lloyd and Y/N were probably doing fine, "I'm going to head over to Lloyd's place after school and give them the homework and see what's going on."

The team looked up at him and nodded before changing the subject off of the two absent members of their team and to on whatever topic sparked in their brains. 

As the bell rang for school to end, Kai said a quick bye to his sister who gave him a wide smile and telling him goodbye as well.

Kai ran through the streets of Ninjago towards the apartment Lloyd and Y/N resided in. His backpack bounced up and down with every stride he took. He stopped running when he found the apartment before going inside as if he was walking the entire time.

He climbed the stairs to their floor, found the door into their flat, and knocked a couple of times on it. His lips formed a thin line as he got no answer to his knocks. Taking it one step further, Kai jiggled the doorknob and to his delightful surprise, it was actually opened.

Kai smiled at his achievement before stepping in and frowning in realization, "Why would the door be unlocked?" He mumbled to himself, cautiously stepping into the flat which was dead silent.

Skipping the kitchen, Kai went to knock on Lloyd's door but he found it open with no Lloyd in it. The only thing he found was a neat room with the exception of crumbled sheets of paper littered on the floor by his bedside.

Kai knocked on what he was guessing was Y/N's room as he hadn't been back to Lloyd's house since Y/N moved in and other, more catastrophic events happened. When he received no answer he yelled a quick 'I'm coming in' so that he wouldn't accidentally walk in on the girl when he wasn't supposed to.

Kai slowly turned the doorknob waiting for any protest but got none and soon the whole door was opened. The bed looked used as the sheets were tousled from a night's rest. Pajamas were thrown near her hamper not making it in, in the slightest. Like the girl hurried to switch out of her sleepwear.

Kai's brow furrowed and he walked back through the apartment that was neat and tidy. He walked through the house to the kitchen and when he turned into the said place he jumped with a yelp.

"Oh my-" Kai started to say but quickly reached in his bag, sliding passed his phone and finding the small communicator the team used for ninja business only clicking on the emergency button which would give out his location to his team.

After contacting his team, Kai slid over to where Misako's unconscious body lay. He fingered around her next checking for a pulse, sighing in relief when he found a steady heartbeat.