Chapter 8: Attempted History Lesson

Around 9 in the morning, Evanz is the first to get up. As he scans the room, he sees that everyone is practically dead. He also sees the little kitchen section practically destroyed. So he sighs and leaves the room. Upon leaving he notices a bulletin board between the two dorms. And upon closer inspection, he sees there is something posted on there. So he walks to it and reads it.

It reads: "All new benders will report to the room beyond the dojos. In order to be a good bender, you need to know what bending is.... Signed your trainers."

"Great..." Evanz says out loud.

"What's 'great'?" Morgan says mid yawn.

Evanz practically jumps out of his shoes, "When did you get there!?"

"Just now... Ooh what's that?" She asks as she sees the note. "...oh..."

"Yeah... Well I am going to wake the guys up, so you know we can get this over with."

"Good plan, I'll get my friends up."

So with that, both Evanz and Morgan wake the others. Evanz almost getting hit with: Rage's bandaged hand, Hollow's book, and Fluke's pillow. Let's just say, none of them wanted to get up. Morgan doesn't get anything thrown at her. Richelle gets up, and just glares at her, but calms down relatively quickly after her cup of tea with honey. Jessica on the other hand, just ignores Morgan, only to be soaked with water from the sink.

After they all get ready to go and eat, and go over who is who, they all eat their respective breakfasts. Once they all finish, which they even waited for each other, they make their ways to mystery room.
They finally arrive after the awkwardly silent trip.

The room is decently large, mainly because it is meant for a lot more people/benders. The room is set up like a college lecture room. With many rows of seats.

So the benders sit in their respective sections, because there has to sections. There is no need for fights breaking out.

After more awkward silence, the trainers arrive. Starting with Fred, then Greg, then what seems to be the air bender trainer, and finally the water bender trainer.

"Glad to see you all came. And early too. Keep this up, for the few times you'll be in here, and we will get off on the right foot." Fred announces to everyone.

"Now I bet you are wondering what this has to do with training." Greg says after Fred, almost as if it were scripted. "This is your 'history' class. And here we teach you all the basics of bending, and of course the history of it."

You can hear the sighs and mumbles of complaints coming from everyone. The girls slightly more.

"I am the air bending trainer, but considering none of you are air benders, you can call me Alex." The air trainer says.

"Ooh! That means I'm next," the water trainer practically jumps with excitement, "I'm Kaitlin, but I will allow you guys to call me Kat, or Kait, or Kris, yes some people call me that. But whatever name, it doesn't matter to me."

All the other trainers sigh, and literally everyone hears Alex mumble "Tell me again how she was chosen, out of all the others, to be the trainer?"

"It's because I'm better than the others. I was the only one in my class that could blood bend." Kaitlin, proudly announces.

Rage's eyes widen hearing that, as he remembered what Fluke was capable of.

"Okay. Okay. How about we teach them so things before they get bored. I think Morgan is already almost asleep." Fred says.

All the trainers begin to give parts of the lecture. Fred talks about the time when the fire nation attacked, and kept it quite interesting. So no one fell asleep during that. Then Greg started the basics of bending. He had to stop mid lesson five times. One from Jessica hitting Hollow with some fire, and then him hitting back. Then again with Rage joining in the fight.