Chapter ten: a kappa and a pheasant

"You...," the kappa growled angrily, "What is with that form?"
He seemed to be thinking of something for a moment before he attacked with the wind of his fans again.
Jyugo cut right through the winds again and sent a Shockwave through the ground that broke the floor.
The kappa was gone.
Jyugo turned to look around, he was surprised to see honey and Trois staring at him.
"Uh... this is...," the Japanese teen said before his blades were being examined by the two handsome males.
The two discussed on what the blades actually were as (y/n) sighed and approached, "Nice work Jyugo." She tapped her knuckle on his arm.
"Looks like nobody here is normal after all, huh?," Uno asked Jyugo with a smile.
Jyugo's face lit up into a real smile for once, he had to feel good.

"DID YOU THINK YOU WON WITH THAT?!," the kappa's voice came and he erupted from the water, "All you did was cut down a weak wind, do you think that was bashousen's true power?"
The kappa came down for an attack, "Like I'd lose to a monster like you!"
Jyugo did not try to cut through the wind again, he instead blocked it.
Trois helped (y/n) stabilize herself as the wind whipped around them.
'I have to help. I have to.,' the female thought to herself, 'they have been protecting me for this long, I have to give back.'
The air around everyone went cold as the wind finally settled.
"Haha! You weren't a big deal after all!..." the kappa said before his face fell.
Jyugo's blades had both the winds and shards of ice swirling around them, (y/n) stood behind him with frost on her hands and hair.
The bladed inmate threw the winds back at the former guard, the combination of the three powers tore at the kappa and knocked him back. His face and uniform were damaged by the sharp ice particles.

Jyugo fell into the water from exhaustion. (Y/n) and honey both dove in after him.
The two were able to pull him out. Honey looked mad at Jyugo as the male lay on the ground. The female was wringing out her hair.
"This is the second time today, give me a break already.," Honey fussed at Jyugo.
Jyugo made a small chuckle. "What is so funny?," Honey asked.
"Bet ya can't do something like that huh?," the Japanese male asked the Japanese American.
Honey scoffed and had a small smile, "No one can drown like you do."
(Y/n) offered Jyugo and Honey her hand, "Come on, we still have to get Hajime and Kiji, right?"
"Yeah.," Honey said and took her hand for her to pull him up, "Damn you're cold."
The female smiled a little, "Ice cold bitch huh?"
Honey chuckled, "Ladies aren't supposed to talk like that."
(Y/n) just patted him on the shoulder, "And a gentleman is not supposed to be vulgar. But here we are."

The group of five continued on.
"If you had something like that, why did you not use it sooner?," Honey asked Jyugo.
"We weren't expecting it so it can't be helped.," Trois said.
"Good thing he was not a guard. You would have been in trouble.," (y/n) said.
"You helped us attack him.," Jyugo said.
The group came to a stop when the two formerly controlled guards from earlier were blocking the entrance to the third floor.
"What are you inmates doing here?.," the pink haired one asked, "You don't look familiar, where are you from?"
'The blast from Trois' grenades must have burned the tags off.', (y/n) thought and stepped forward before Uno stepped in front of her.
"Ya see, we were unfairly locked up down here. But we left the cell but it's great we found you. Our supervisor should be down here somewhere too.", Uno tried to explain," So we are trying to look..."
The electric blue haired guard punched Uno in the gut and the brit flew back into the group.
"Uno! Are you okay?," Asked,
"Why did you just attack him?!," (y/n) asked and helped the British male up.

"Sorry, but I can't forgive escaping inmates. No matter the reason.," the electric blue haired male spoke, "Hm? The therapist? You will have to step aside, we need to catch these inmates."
"Why the hell won't you hear us out?!," Jyugo yelled at the guards.
"Hah?..," the pink haired said, "there's no reason to listen to you. It's obvious you guys broke out."
"I'll tell you the truth! Your former supervisor broke out and locked us up here with the guards.," Uno explained, "I don't know what he is planning, but instead of worrying about us worry about what he might do! Besides a guard was trying to kill us earlier."
"Huh?," the pink haired guard did not look interested, "Do you think we care about an inmates drivel? And to bring up Enki of all things, give me a break!"
"If that is the case, explain how we are in the abandoned basement.," Trois said to the guard, "there is no inmate who would come here by choice is there?"
"That is weird.," the pink haired guard answered, "But that does not change that you are inmates. You might be holding the therapist as a hostage."
'This dummy thinks I'm a hostage?,' (y/n) thought to herself, 'did he even pass his exams?'