Chapter twenty-five: the watcher

A place that was wet yet dry, dark yet alight, empty yet full surrounded  (y/n) Yukinohana. She felt like she was floating again. She remembered a familiar shadow staring at her before she fainted from narcolepsy. This must be a rare lucid dream she was having. The woman sat up and looked around. A moon was overhead, so were stars. It was beautiful. A sound like water drops caught her attention and she looked over to glowing yellow eyes coming from the silhouette behind her. It was the silhouette of the great shark she regularly dreamed of. She felt others in the space faintly, this one being seemed to be closest to her. A hand reached out and was offered to her to help her up. The nails on the hand seemed to be painted deep ocean blue. (Y/n) took the offered hand hesitantly and stood, the hand was warm and comforting. The being was massive and loomed over her yet he felt like he was friendly and did not wish to hurt her. He was familiar.

"I'm glad you are safe, Yuki. I don't like to see my friends get hurt.," the shark spoke kindly.
The female wanted to speak but could not, it had to be part of the dream. She felt like she was getting more and more distant from this being, she wanted to know exactly who he was and why he was so concerned about her.
She felt his warm hand again on her head, "We don't seem to have a strong enough connection yet, don't worry though. I'll come to get you soon. For now, I will just keep watch over you."

-~-~-~

(Y/n) sat up in her office and looked around hazily, someone must have carried her and put her in her office. It was early morning from the time on the clock. The icy woman got up and changed into fresh clothes she stored in the office, some uniform pants and a tank top along with her jacket and mask.
"I wonder what happened after I passed out.," the female said and walked to check in at the offices. Hajime and Seitaro were already there. She did not see Yamato. The female walked in and knocked on the door frame, "Good morning. Reporting in sir."
"You're late.," Hajime said and handed her a stack of paperwork, "You need to stop falling asleep on the job."
She looked over the paperwork and signed what she had to before filing it away, "What happened after I had a narcolepsy attack?"
The bald man looked up when she mentioned her condition, "Narcolepsy? Is that what is wrong with you?"
(Y/n) nodded and sat down, "Yeah. Nightmares, all nighters, and other stuff made me narcoleptic. But please tell me what happened with Nadeshiko."

"Well, after you fell asleep, Nadeshiko and Yamato went to the pier with his wife, the supervisor and I.," Seitaro replied, "We all talked then she gave us all these bundles of rice..."
"Damn housewife.," Hajime growled as he went back to his paperwork.
(Y/n) sat on the couch and filled out the last of the papers she was given before she had some cold tea, she looked up and saw that Yamato had brought in Jyugo.
"I caught our wayward number fifteen!," the Japanese man laughed and set the teen down, "Ah! Miss Yukinohana! Glad to see you are up, You had us worried after passing out so suddenly!"
"It's fine Yamato, Just another Narcolepsy attack.," the woman replied as she waved her hand, "thanks for your concern."
Jyugo sat next to (y/n) and took a cup of tea as well, "it's cold.."

Hajime got up and handed a piece of paper to Yamato, "Here. It's a suspension notice, you have to be punished after what happened yesterday. You'll be put until the repairs are done. You broke a lot of walls, not to mention what your daughter did."
'Nadeshiko caused quite a bit of damage then...,' (y/n) thought and took another sip of her tea before getting up, "I'll take you to the pier after you get packed up Yamato."
"Thank you miss Yukinohana!," the man said, "I look forward to spending time with my family!" His exuberant laugh echoed through the room as Hajime grumbled.
Seitaro took the cup from (y/n) and bowed, "Thank you for taking him, We're kind of behind on the paperwork."
"It's fine, I need to get out anyway.," (y/n) replied and walked with the Japanese man to the pier.