Chapter twenty eight: The ocean spirit

(Y/n) had a dreamless sleep and woke fully rested. The bottle of her favorite alcohol still sat on the table. She put the alcohol away and got dressed in her usual attire. She noticed that the device on her back seemed to be a little more active then usual. As if it was trying to make up for something. The spirit was not there. He probably was off doing spirit things. The young woman put her mask on and left her apartment to go to work as usual. She had a busy morning ahead of her, she would have to jump from building to building to talk to different prisoners. Not that she minded, she loved to speak to different prisoners. Especially the ones who were civilized, the ones who are not really mean but were in bad circumstances.
She walked down the stairs of the building as she stretched, it was a beautiful day again. The young woman would have to try and train with Samon again, she was getting much much stronger. Perhaps she would even be strong enough to match him one day!

She could feel the muscles under her skin as she felt her stomach, she had become muscular from her continued training. It was like she did not weigh much anymore from how strong she had become. This made her feel better. The female felt like she was closer to being able to beat Elf with this. She picked up her assignments for today from headquarters and looked them over as she ate a quick breakfast. She has to visit buildings 6 and 7. That meant meeting up with Damian and Nijimasu. Those two were always nice to talk to, building 7's Nijimasu was always so nice to talk to and he shared candy. (Y/n) remembered what she heard about them. They were pretty good friends, but their buildings were thematically opposite to each other. Damian's building 6 being the building of nightmares while Nijimasu's building 7 was the building of dreams. She wondered what kind of building theme she would have made of she was a supervising officer of a building. It would probably theme around her coldness or her love of others. She giggled as she got on the tram. She read over the schedule more, after the first two buildings, she would have to go visit Musashi again, meet with Samon's boys for a group session, and then go back to her own office in order to do some paperwork. That did not leave a lot of time to go see Koisuke. But her building nine supervisor boyfriend would have to wait.

She had work to do today, mostly in the morning, but the rest of the afternoon would be taken up by her paperwork that had been piling up for many days. Perhaps she could talk to her ocean spirit friend while she works, the female hoped he would not mind talking to her as she worked on the paperwork. She looked out to the glistening ocean as the tram moved. It made her remember that he mentioned that the shark she saw was his friend. He mentioned that he had more shark friends around. (Y/n) wondered if the sharks she had been seeing during her trips were his friends. She never saw dolphins, only sharks. If he was sending his sharks to keep an eye on her, that would explain it. But that would mean that the times she saw a young man playing with a massive shark was him and a friend as well.
She remembered that the one she saw had a tail like that of a shark, was her friend some sort of Kojin? The blue and pink haired female hoped so, she read that Kojin were emotional and kind creatures despite how intimidating they were. Perhaps she could look past his fearsome appearance and see his golden heart of that was the case.

She got up and disembarked the tram after it stopped at building 6. It looked like a massive haunted mansion. The dark colors and decor was eerily beautiful. The female knew that the prisoners in here looked scarier than they actually were. She loved building 6's cell 13 as much as she did building 13's cell 13. But she loved all of the prisoners the same, just for different reasons. She walked right to the guard room and greeted Damian and his other guards. The big, masked supervisor greeted her warmly in return. He was a kind soul despite how he looked.
After she talked to him she made her way to cell thirteen for their group session. The boys all looked pretty happy to see her again. She sat in their cell with them and spoke of their pasts, how they were feeling at the present and any other problem that they would have. All four of the boys gave their answers and spoke politely to her. The female was able to give each of them individual attention and advice. She gave the ones who needed hugs some hugs. She left the males after their time was done.