Chapter Thirty one: New inmates

"You're pretty close to him.," the voice of the ocean spirit spooked (y/n) as she was getting ready for bed, she covered her bare chest with her pillow.
"Don't come in unannounced!," She scolded, causing the spirit to laugh.
"I'm sorry Yuki. I can't help wanting to talk to you.," the ocean spirit grinned. The young woman threw another pillow at the spirit, who leaned to the side to avoid the pillow to the face.
"So, who was that? You two looked like you are very close.," the spirit spoke again as he let the woman slip her nightclothes on quickly.
"He's my boyfriend.," The young woman replied.
"Boyfriend?," the cheery tone of the ocean spirit dropped, "Is that so?"
His tone was no longer friendly, it sounded a little dark.
(Y/n) looked back at her spirit friend, "He's a good guy. He's kind and wants to help the inmates, like I do."
His shadow covered face was right up against hers, glowing yellow eyes peered out from the inky black pools and mass. He looked like a looming shark. This was the first time she felt a little threatened by this spirit. She leaned back, putting some distance between her face and the spirit's.
"Um. What is it?," the icy woman asked.
"You two cannot be together.," the spirit spoke, "Your power makes it that you will hurt people who are not immune to you."

(Y/n) knew he was right, "I want to try anyway! Perhaps if I opened my heart, then I could possibly find someone who I could love and finally put my sorrow of losing my best and only friend to rest!"
The spirit pulled back seemingly to think over her response to him.
"You're just going to hurt yourself by doing this. Very few can stand your temperatures.," the shadowy spirit spoke and reached his hand out to her, "I don't want to see you be hurt anymore, we've been through enough."
His hand stopped before her, like he was holding back.
His eyes looked away from her, "You've already forgotten me, haven't you?"
The icy therapist tried to remember. But, she could not remember anyone with those unique eyes.
"You have. I can see it in your face.," the spirit spoke, "You don't remember who I am. But, I don't blame you. The trauma does that to people."
His voice was not dark, nor was it cheery. It was sad, mournful.
The spirit turned back towards her and gave her a smile, "It's okay. We're still friends. I still love you."
That smile. That sharp toothed, yet kind, smile. Like a shark.
"I'm sorry for startling you.," the shark like spirit said, "you should get some rest, big day tomorrow. Right?"

The woman's two toned eyes were confused before the spirit motioned to her phone. She checked it and saw a message from Momoko. The prisoner transfer had been moved up a week, they would be there the next day! Her eyes widened as she realized what this meant. These two fellow experiments would come to Nanba and she had to talk to them! Her heart was beating fast, there was no way she would get to sleep if she was this excited.
She heard her shark friend laugh a bit, "Your face is really cute, Yuki. That has to be good news."
She looked over to the ocean spirit that was sitting beside her now, a cup was in his hand like he was drinking.
"The two new prisoners are coming here. I have to screen them in and talk to them since they are like me.," (y/n) spoke, "I did not think that they would come so soon."
"Looks like you have a fun day planned tomorrow, Yuki.," the spirit chimed, "But that means you need sleep. Yet you don't seem like you can sleep right now. Not with how you're acting. Oh, the inconvenience of Narcolepsy."
The spirit looked down at the young woman who had laid down in an attempt to get to sleep. He took her hand in his own.
"Stay until I fall asleep?," the young woman asked.
"No promises.," the spirit smiled and held her hand as she closed her eyes.
His thumb rubbed the back of her hand gently. The quiet of the night was undisturbed by the two. He listened to her breathing and felt her pulse. Both were slowing down. Seems like the narcolepsy was on her side this time.

The ocean spirit was gone when she was woken up by the ringing of her phone.
It was Momoko calling, "(y/n), you better get up! You overslept, Shin and the prisoners are almost here."
"Oh shit!," (y/n) exclaimed and hung the phone up before getting dressed quickly.
She threw on her complete uniform, the jacket and official hat as well. After making sure she was perfect in the mirror, she ran out to the helipad. She was late, the helicopter was already there. The doors were open and two men were getting out as Shin and Dread were already out and Speaking to Momoko. The young therapist ran up to stand beside her boss, leaning over to catch her breath before straightening up to stand at attention to Momoko.
The blue haired warden looked at her therapist, "Thank you for coming, Yukinohana." She got a salute from the therapist before the masked worker turned to the two prisoners and gave them a friendly bow to greet them.
"Who is this, Miss Hyakushiki?," the blond warden of the women's prison asked and looked to the masked individual before him, "His mask is creepy."
"You already met Yukinohana.," the blue haired warden spoke with little patience towards her peer, "As we agreed before, Yukinohana will talk to them and assess them before things will be put underway."