5: second patient

"Perfect." I said as I sighed and leaned back then glanced at my watch. "Worked for five minutes. Good. I guess I won't be behind schedule. I have to leave. I have a lot of studying to do." I said as I got up and tossed the used materials into the dust bin in the bathroom. "You'll be okay of you avoid cutting it. Infections can cause consequences. Believe me, I know." I said and patted his shoulder and walked out of the bathroom.

"Can I drop you off?" He asked and I shrugged my shoulders, denying him.

"I live in the hood. Not far. I need the exercise!" I said and heard him groan as I stepped out of his room.

I walked into the corridor only to hear a crush and bang, followed by a girl screaming and glass shattering. I stopped by the door where the sounds came and quietly opened it, only to spot the maid looking terrified and covered with a few blood on her fingers.

"Are you okay!?" I asked as I fully opened the door only to freeze when I saw Ash flinching in pain. I glanced down only to see blood oozing out from his foot. I furrowed my brows in annoyance as I stared at him struggle to get the glass out. "Leave it! Or you'll break it inside your skin! I'm not very good with home surgery!" I yelled as I rushed into the room and smacked his hands away before he could pull the glass out.

I glanced up at the nurse who hardly seemed hurt.

"Are you okay?" I asked her and she nodded. I dropped my eyes to her bloody finger and she chuckled nervously.

"I'm fine. It's his blood, I wanted to warn him but he wasn't listening." She said and I glared at Ash who furrowed his brows at me in response.

"Just remove the glass with thick gloves, don't cut yourself, infections are dangerous." I instructed and grabbed Ash's hand, lifting him up.

"Should I call in a nurse?" She asked and I shook my head and smiled proudly.

"I am, I have studied in medical school." I said and she blinked in shock at me. I helped Ash onto his bed as he groaned in pain. I dragged a stool with my leg and placed it under his foot and knelt down in the glass free zone and observed the glass in his foot. "It's cracked, if you pulled it out you could have broken it." I said as I pulled out my phone and checked the time. "You're so careless. You'll cost my study time!"

"I'm sorry for stepping into glass then." He rolled his eyes as I tapped the torch and examined the glass before washing the wound off.

"If I fail, my mother will come check this. She's a doctor, perfect surgeon. Saved countless lives and lost none." I said proudly as I got up to my feet and walked to the bathroom, grabbing a few paper towels and a small basin they put towels in, filling it up with warm water. I walked back into the room and placed the basin under his foot, allowing the blood to drip into the water.

I towered my phone's light over the foot and examined the glass. A bit skeptic to remove it. But I gained courage and did it anyway.

It eventually broken mid way and part of it was still in his foot. I flinched in process and quickly brushed the blood off so I had a better view of it. I did it as gently as possible that even though he's a buffoon, he doesn't need to experience so much pain.

"You're so focused." He said and I sighed with a slight roll of my eyes as I carefully removed the glassware.

"Don't talk, I'm concentrating." I said and managed to remove it whole. I sighed and dropped the glass into the water and tapped the wet cloth on the cut, cleaning the blood.

I managed to stop the bleeding and got up, walking back into the bathroom and coming back out with a disinfectant cream tube and bandages.

I applied a bit on the cut with soft taps and wrapped the bandage around it gently but firm. He flinched a couple of times in the process but once I was done, he smiled and rotated his foot.

"Feels great." He said as I stood up and the maid ran to collect the things I used. I walked into the bathroom to wash up. Sadly, there weren't any gloves in his room.

I turned only to jump in slight fear when he took me by surprise as he stood at the door with a grin on his face.

"Don't just scare people, get a habit." I sighed and clenched my fists as I turned and walked to the door. "Move, I'm ten minutes behind schedule." I said and he stared dead on to me.

"You didn't answer my question." He said and I folded my arms, glaring into his eyes.

"What is it?" I asked and he took a step closer to which I glared dangerously and he stepped back with a chuckle.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" He asked and I laughed at how stupid life was trying to show me.

Of all things...

"Being in a relationship is a waste of time. I wouldn't have been where I am now if I was in one." I said and placed my hands on his chest and shoved him aside.

"So you've never dated before?" He asked and I rolled my eyes and crossed my brows in anger but ignored him as I walked out of the room and into the corridor, heading for the doors.