44: Temptation

"Just to be clear. Is that an arranged marriage?"

Oh for Christ's sake Sarah.

Ash nearly choked on his French fries and I nearly drowned in my strawberry milkshake as Peter completely ignored the rest of the world.

Mostly because he was still mad that I chose Ash instead of him.

"Like seriously. Your father looks like he could do that." Sarah continued and I frowned at her as Ash patted his chest from the choke he had experienced.

"Maybe." I couldn't deny the fact. "But my mum likes Ash so they'd have to go into conflict about it. Despite my dad's constant want for power he can't ignore the equality needed between men and women. He has no choice but to include my mother into it." I said as I leaned in and took a sip on my milkshake. "Besides, that Adrian has some other motive than just popularity."

"Maybe he does like you." She shrugged and turned to Peter who was glued on his game and hardly said a thing. "He gives you that look Ash gives you all the time."

Sarah...

"Anyway..." Ash cleared his throat and I glanced up at him, meeting his pale eyes. "Want to watch a movie at my place?"

"What movie are we-"

"Just me and her." Ash deadpanned, cutting Sarah off who recoiled in embarrassment. "So?" He asked as he connected out eyes.

"Sure." I smiled, knowing too well I had to make him stop worrying about Adrien and me.

I could study later.

No problem.

**

For the past hour we had been watching, he hadn't said a thing and I wasn't sure he was watching either. It was a romantic comedy and he hardly laughed at the most hilarious scenes.

It was as though he was a brick wall staring into a void of nothingness and thinking nothing as well. Like he had been petrified into hard stone.

I needed up laughing alone most of the time until I got fed up.

"Is it cold in here?" I asked as I glanced up at him as he stared straight on with a tightly clenched jaw.

"No. Why ask?" He questioned as he glanced down at me ever so slowly.

"Because it feels like you're just an empty shell." I sighed out in boredom and sat up straight from leaning on his chest. "If you're going to get mad at me because of Adrien then I'm leaving." I shoved my feet off the bed and was about to get up when I felt his grip on my wrist.

"Sh** fine I'm sorry." He sighed out heavily and I smiled slightly as I sat back down. "I'm just scared, okay?"

"Scared of what?" I asked as I laced our fingers together, staring at the dread in his eyes.

"That you might just go when we've just started this. I mean, Adrien is obvious better looking than me, rich and likes you too... You might end up liking him." He whined and I chuckled a bit at his baby nature.

He was always such a child in a cute way.

"Yeah but he's a jerk." I said as I leaned my head on his shoulder. "Plus he's not you. So I wouldn't like him more than you."

"You should know, you're the only one I really love. So if you leave I'm pretty sure I'll feel lost. I'm not trying to be cheesy but I'm serious though." He complained and I chuckled in agreement to his cheesy words.