48: A new Adrien

Whilst in the limo, I had a hard time trying to get to stop Adrien from sitting extraordinarily close to me.

I mean, he was so close that our thighs were almost glued together.

In the meantime, I was also trying to open Sarah's gift to me and I was more than dying to see what it was.

"What a small gift." Adrien chuckled and his minty cold breath came like a breeze to the side of my face and hair. "What is it?"

"Can't you see I'm trying to open it?" I hissed as I struggled with the tape.

"Who makes a gift that's so hard to open?" He rolled his eyes and I ignored him. "I got you a gift too. It's really big." He grinned and I sighed as I decided to bite off the tape.

"Sure." I nodded and finally cut it open.

It wasn't a picture as I thought, instead, it was a neckless with a strawberry amulet.

"Wow." Adrien chuckled. "That's so cheap-"

"Could you shut it! I love it!" I hissed as I grabbed his hair and tried to pull him from leaning so close to me.

He flinched a couple of times before laughing out.

"You're so rude. Ignorant and a selfish bastard. No wonder you are single." I hissed and instantly wore the amulet. "It's beautiful, it's not cheap because I know it cost her a lot. Unlike you freaking bastards who want to boast about their money and for what? That doesn't impress all girls!"

"... Sorry." He pouted his lips and I could tell he was being honest. "I just thought you liked mean guys."

"Who told you that?" I asked in annoyance.

"Well, Ash isn't a nice person."

"And who told you that?"

"The secrets he's holding up against you tell me so." He grinned then frowned for an odd reason before looking away. "They aren't nice though."

"What secrets?" I asked and he clicked his tongue as he threw his hand over my neck and forcedly hugged me to his chest.

"He didn't tell you?" He asked and I shrugged actually enjoying his cucumber scent.

"Only that he wanted to be the first to take my pride away that's all." I said and he sighed out softly.

"Then that's all you need to know for now." He whispered as he patted my head.

"Why are you trying to hurt him?" I had to ask. He seemed much his age now and I wouldn't risk this moment before he went back to being office-like.

"I like you." He said as he ran his fingers through my hair. "I like you a lot. You don't pretend like other girls do and I know when you finally start seeing me in the way I see you, it won't be fake." He took in a deep breath and let it out. "Plus the secrets aren't worth leaving you with him."

"Just tell me the secrets!" I yelled in frustration in fear and leaned from him and stared at him.

"No I won't." He shook his head as he smiled softly. "It's your birthday. I don't want to spoil it."

"Well I'm nervous thanks to you." I whined as I folded my arms across my chest. He chuckled and leaned in, grabbing my cheeks and softly pulling me forward.

I flinched a bit, thinking he was plotting to kiss me when I was caught off guard when he actually kissed my forehead.

"Just calm down." He said before leaning back on this seat. "Just wait for what I have planned out for you, you will go insane!"

"I'm starting to get scared." I chuckled and he winked.