58: It's never Funny

I struggled to peel my eyes open as the soft wrap of the blanket and the extreme soft mattress sinking me in deep gave me the comfort of a lifetime.

The scent of mixed fruits filled my nostrils, almost making me hungry in an instant, though I knew the scent was from his beddings.

"Hm..." I heard a voice say from inside the darkness of my eyelids, followed by the strong sensation of a warm breath by my forehead.

Probably a vivid dream.

Suddenly, I felt a soft squeeze on my thighs and at this point, I knew I wasn't dreaming.

I flashed my eyes open in an instant only to stare into the two eyes of Adrien Hawks as he stared back at me with a small smile on his face.

"H-Hey!" I screamed, quickly untangling his hands from me. "You're supposed to say on your side of the bed!"

"So who do you think went on who's side?" He asked and I furrowed my brows as I glanced over my shoulder, only to flinch in embarrassment when it was me.

It's almost as though I had rolled three times just to get here.

"You dragged me here." I deadpanned as I shot him an embarrassed glare to which he chuckled to.

"Don't pin this on me. You have a very odd sleeping position." He said as he bit his lower lip, as if trying to be enticing. "I didn't know you were half naked you know." I blushed at that and quickly moved even further from him, only to get him to laugh softly. "If your mother did not tell me not to touch you, I would have made you want me, like I want you right now." He winked and I cringed my face as I glanced from him and towards the ceiling instead.

Such a dirty talker.

"So, the secret you have about Ash..." I started and glanced at him, only to notice his brows raised.

"Wow you really know how to change a subject-"

"Is it about Riley Copper?" I asked and he looked away as he sat up. Sighing out so heavily that I could feel a breeze.

"He told you that?" He asked, seeming a bit more serious than his joking smirk look.

"Yes." I clenched my jaw as I stared at him and he smiled just a bit.

"You're lying." He chuckled as he got up from the bed. "He hasn't told you, so I won't."

"But you promised to tell me after the exams right?" I asked as I watched him walk to the window.

"Mmmh. Sure." He said, almost as if he wasn't sure about it.

"Are you changing your mind?" I asked in near anger and he glanced over his shoulder at me for a moment then down to the floor.

"Maybe." He said and I frowned dangerously. "You like him a lot. I can see that, so I don't want to be the one to make you cry about it and think it's the end or something like that." He sighed, turning to face me as he leaned his back against the window. "As much as I want you two apart, I want you to be with someone you like. Not someone you're being forced to."

"I want to know." I said as I clenched my blankets. Irritated that he was going against our deal. "You promised."

"I did." He nodded, clearly avoiding to look at me. "But you're still with him even when I told you it was bad. You still like him."

"So you were just lying to me?" I asked. "That he had a secret?"

"... Yes." He said, avoiding my eyes even more.

Wow, he's a terrible liar.

"Okay." I sighed out, deciding it was best to let him go. "I won't pin you down even more. Did he threaten you though?"

"If he did I wouldn't hesitate to say it." He chuckled and bit his lower lip as he glanced at the ground. "I'm in love with you, Riley. But if you don't love me back, I won't force you."

"That's strange for you to say." I chuckled forcedly when I knew something about him wasn't right. "What's wrong?"

"My near death got me thinking yesterday." He ran a hand through his hair as he walked towards my side of the bed.

I moved a little, just so he wouldn't be too close to me and he didn't bother to be his perverted side this time.

"I was thinking about it, that what if me and you actually got together. I mean... It would be amazing for me," he chuckled but I could see right through his eyes, he was in pain. "But what if I just fell, never woke up again. I wouldn't know I died because, I'd be doing something fun with you. Probably at the theme park or eating junk food whilst watching movies. But you would know I'm dead. You'd try to wake me up but the heart doesn't work anymore. It's not out of power but... Just a glitch in it's working process. I probably died because of probably some electrolytes didn't pass through at a certain second. Then you'd cry like hell only to discover we've only been together for like... Three weeks I guess, then I just die like that. I'm basically a walking corpse waiting to just fall down-,"

"Why do you say things like that?" I asked as I felt tears blur my eyes with a bit of anger eating at me. "You think it's funny!?"

"... Well... Sort of... Because-"

"No. No it's not. Don't ever say things like that!" I said and instantly grabbed hold of his shirt's collar to make my point. "It's not funny to me. It will never be funny so stop saying it. And what if we actually go fall in love with each other in the future, I'd be thinking about these words over and over again because you said it. I wouldn't do much to make you drain your energy because I now know you will die from it. Or if it's the electrolytes missing a flash then I'd make sure they check on you every single damn day after you wake up and before you sleep. Probably during lunch as well to be safe." I inhaled and exhaled when I knew it took a lot of air to say it. "Just... Please never say that again..."

"Okay." He sighed with a small smile as he reached up and grabbed the collar of my shirt, pulling me to him. "May I?" He asked as he dropped his eyes to my lips.

I shook my head in denial as I grabbed his hand and preyed his fingers off my shirt.

"I can't. I made Ash a promise." I said and he nodded slowly as he stared sharply at me, almost making me uncomfortable.

"I'm really hungry." He said so suddenly and I furrowed my brows at him as I crossed my arms over my chest. "... Oh not in that sense." He chuckled as he stood up. "I'm starving. It's nearly nine. Though I wouldn't mind eating yo-"

"Breakfast it is!" I yelled out and immediately wrapped the blanket around myself, using it to cover my entire body as I made my way towards the bathroom, hearing him chuckle from behind.