36: Dating, not courtship

The blasting sound of my alarm pierced through my ears and I instantly flashed my eyes open only to gasp in terror when I saw a muscular arm over my waist.

I traced the hand until I came close to Ash's face.

He looked dead than asleep.

I glanced at the clock by my stool and it read 6:30 am.

How on earth did he not hear that?

Monday.

School.

I yawned as I clenched my toes, feeling the crack a bit before I sat up and stared at the wall across from me.

Just an hour and a half before I get to school.

"Hey." I said as I glanced down at Ash who hardly showed any sign of breathing. "Ash."

"Leave me alone." He said in a mummer and I furrowed by brows at him.

"We have school." I said and he chuckled for some odd reason.

"Let's just sleep it off." He yawned as he batted his eyes open. "I can't feel my entire body. Your bed is really stiff."

"To make sure I don't sleep unlike some of you." I said as I shoved his hand off my waist. "I'm serious get up."

"Will I shower with you if I do?" He asked with a glint of hope in his voice and I frowned at him.

"We're in courtship. Not marriage." I said as I got up from the bed and walked to the bathroom door.

"It's called dating." He chuckled as he sat up and I shrugged my shoulders.

"Either way I don't want you seeing me."

"I really want to." He said seductively and I rolled my eyes as a blush made its way to my cheeks.

I closed the bathroom door and locked it just in case he decided to peep into the bathroom while I shower.

Once I was done, we exchanged places and I began to change into my clothes as fast as I could. He didn't take long until he was out and wearing the same clothes as the night before.

"You'll have to escort me back to my place to change." He said then glanced down at the dress I was wearing. It was yellow and tight around the chest area but loose after the waist, slightly above the knees as well. "You look really good."

"Oh wow. That's a compliment." I chuckled as I pony tailed my hair as high as possible and leaned over to the dressing table mirror as I checked my work. I reached over and began to apply just a bit of makeup here and there only to pause when I felt his fingers stroke the lining between the dress and my thighs. "Get. Away."

"Wow. You're my girlfriend remember?" He chuckled as he trailed his fingers even higher, tickling me in the process.

"Then give me a bit of respect." I rolled my eyes as I stepped on his foot to which he flinched to and eventually stopped.

"Harsh." He sighed out only to suddenly wrap his arms around my waist an hoist me up.

I lost grip on the makeup brush and watched it fall to the ground as he laughed and span us around.

"Ash!" I yelled and tried to prey off his hands but he just couldn't let go. "Alright alright. I'm your girlfriend so hold down the excitement or we'll be late for school." I said and he put me down before turning me to face him.

"I honestly never thought I'd be this close to you." He whispered as he leaned in and connected our foreheads together. "I'm glad."

"I'm glad too." I smiled softly and bit my lip as I stared at the floor. "We'll be late though."

"Right." He let go of me and let me finally finish off before rushing out of the room and down the stairs and right into the kitchen.

"Morning mum." I smiled and reached over to Rhy's food, plotting to snatch a sandwich when he grabbed his plate and hid it from me. I glared at him as I sat down.

"Morning dove." She smiled and I noticed dad wasn't in the kitchen. Lucky for me and Ash.

"Where's dad?" I asked as I watched Ash sit down on the chair just after Rhy.

"Rushed off to work this morning." She said only to pause when she turned and saw Ash. "Oh, Ash, you stayed the night?"

"Oh yes." He smiled and cleared his throat. "Good morning by the way, Mrs Marker."

"Oh good morning." She smiled then glanced at me with an all knowing glance.

"Yes mother, we're seeing each other." I rolled my eyes and grabbed the mug she handed me, sipping on it immediately.

"Oh." She chuckled under her breath and I rolled my eyes as I glanced up at Ash who smirked at me. "Just know Ash, Riley is going to make your entire life hard for you."

"Wow." I sighed out as she chuckled.

"I've gotten used to her long logical speeches." Ash agreed and I frowned at him.

"He took her father's side the most." She said and I sighed even more.

"Yet she took your beautiful face Mrs Marker."

"Oh my lord, would you two stop talking?" I sighed out in boredom at how they had connected so easily.

"Someone's in a bad mood." My mother chuckled as she dropped a plate of pancakes in front of me and some to Ash.

"The maid is out?" I asked as I began to eat.

"Getting some groceries." She said as she sat down as well to enjoy hers. "Won't be long."

I nodded.

"Which reminds me, Rhy will be attending your junior classes. Take him as you go to class and fill out his details for me. I have a patient who's coming in two hours from now." She explained and I sighed as I stood up and dropped my fork.

"Good luck at work." I told my mother and leaned in, kissing her forehead. "Ash, let's go, Rhy too. We have an hour until class starts." I pointed out and they both groaned in boredom at me.