42: Spill the secrets

I sighed a bit, regretting that Sarah and Peter left me with a quarter mad Ash sitting next to me.

It wasn't as though I was scared of him. No.

I was terrified of him.

Mostly when he was mad, he just looks so violent and yet never laid a hand on me. Of which I am grateful for.

"Does he really like you?" Ash asked as he shifted his eyes from the plate to me. "Adrien, I mean."

"Yes." I said flatly only to bite my lips as I felt the toxic wrap of nervousness and anxiety wrap around me. "He uh... He said my father arranged our meeting and that he didn't really know me so well up until my father pointed it out. He said he liked me when he saw the picture. Plus that my father asked him to become my husband." I struggled to speak out only to shrink when I noticed him clench his jaw tightly.

"Your father likes him that much?" He asked with a shaky voice and I cleared my throat a little, feeling fear creep into the cracks on my skin. "I wouldn't be surprised. Your father is a perfectionist and Adrien being young and famous just made him instantly want to grab him for you." He sighed out then glanced at the ground. "So... You'll be in an arranged marriage?"

"No. Just a faded rope kind of one. I have rights as well and I wouldn't just let him make all my decisions." I said as I crossed my arms over my chest to make a point.

"I see." He smirked down at me. "Fangirling over a handsome devil and refusing his proposal makes it a little fishy."

"I'm not his fangirl anymore. He's an obsessed freak. He literally made it seem like we had known each other for a long time." I sighed out in boredom but a bit relieved that he was okay.

"Who does he remind you of?" He asked and I stared into his icy blue eyes.

"Who?"

"Me." He chuckled as he bit his lower lip slowly. "I mean, I was obsessed with you. Who wouldn't be anyway?"

"I'm starting to question whatever this is between us." I joked and he rolled his eyes playfully.

"I'm being serious. When I asked you out I knew what I was going to get myself into. So I made it a life ambition to always try harder than my competitor so you never fall for anyone but me." He said to which I chuckled to.

"That's self suicide. Anyway. A little warning though, he really scared me." I said and he raised his brows for me to clarify. "I mean, he threatened that he would destroy you by revealing any secrets you have to me. So if there's anything I need to know..." I said and he paled a bit before shying away.

"Well." He cleared his throat then glanced down at his wrist watch.

Oh I know Ash.

We still have thirty minutes to go.

"I knew it!" I exclaimed as I banged my fist softly against the table. "You aren't a virgin."

"What is it with you and accusing me of that?" He asked and I chuckled a bit, knowing too well he was never going to prove me wrong on that.

I mean, Ash just doesn't look like one.

"Maybe..." He thought for a moment before clicking his fingers. "A secret I might have against you is that.... I always pray to be the first to take our virginity away." He cleared his throat and I blushed as I looked away in embarrassment.

"Well I want to keep myself until marriage. I'm one of those." I chuckled softly and he chuckled back.

"I know. I was going to stick by you till then. That way we both have it for the first time together." He said and I bit my lower lip as I felt my cheeks heat up even more just by his gaze and words alone. "And actually enjoy it. I'm researching so that you feel like I'm a god."

"Wow. Oh no." I shook my head in denial as a laugh escaped my lips. "Mm-hm. Okay. We aren't having this conversation." I said as I stood up and carried my tray.

"Why not? Don't you want to know what I've been researching?" He asked as he stood up as well while I walked away to the bin. "It's pretty interesting."

"And how do you know you'll be doing it right if you didn't practice it?" I asked and he winked at me.

"We'll try it out." He said. "Then, we will see if I got it right."

"After we get married of course."

"You want to marry me?"

"I'm sorry but I don't like that kind of cheap proposal." I chuckled and he rolled his eyes at me as we dropped the trays and walked out of the cafeteria.

"So what did your dad tell you? Do I even have a chance anymore?" He asked as he reached out and laced our fingers while we walked down the full corridor.

"I didn't even look at him after I got home." I admitted. The only thing I did was walk straight into my room and ignored him and his questions.

"So... Do you think I have a chance?" He asked and I frowned a bit as I glanced down at our laced hands.

"It depends on how many secrets you can't tell me." I said nearly in a mummer.

"You know my weaknesses and the only secret I kept from you." He said then raised our laced hands to his lips and softly pressed his lips on my knuckles. "That wasn't much of a secret anyway. Just hope."

"Yeah but... He said it like he knew so much about you." I frowned and stared at how calm and collected he was despite being blackmailed by an obsessed deranged weirdo.

"If he wants to stalk me, let him." He said whilst furrowing his brows at me. "I swear I wouldn't hold something very dark against you." He assured and I sighed as I nodded slowly. "Okay. I have football practice now. Good luck in your...."

"Chemistry." I finished for him and he nodded with a smile before he ran off.

He's definitely hiding something from me.