51: Ash finds out

I stared out of the window as Adrien's driver drove us home. Adrien on the other hand was talking animatedly to Rhy who had just engulfed a gallon of sugar from the chocolate and some snacks and was yelling and giggling all over the place.

These two were practically the same, Adrien and Rhy, they both seemed serious but they actually weren't at all. They were in fact all goofy and very unreliable.

"Riley! Can we go back to Adrien's after school tomorrow?" Rhy asked so loudly that it shot right through my ears and left a bleeding pain.

"Why?" I asked as I shot him a glare due to his loud voice.

"He has a game console with twenty seven different adventure games, thirteen horror games, ten action packed games with guns and four life simulation games!" He said excitedly as he clenched his fists in front of him. "I want to try them all!"

"You can't try them all." I rolled my eyes only to notice Adrien smirk.

"He can, if you sleep over. Since it's Friday anyway." He smirked and I sighed with a roll of my eyes again.

"No we're not."

"Then I'll sleep over and he'll drop you off!" Rhy yelled and I glanced at him in pure rage.

Oh this brat!

"Fine!" I hissed and folded my arms as I relaxed my face. "You'll sleep over. Not me. Plus you'll go yourself anyway. I'll be watching a movie with Ash and the rest." I said only to notice Adrien frown and look away, pretending he wasn't angry or paying attention.

"I don't care. I'll stay with Adrien. He's even cooler than Ash-"

"Oh no you don't!" I yelled and reached out for him only to have him laugh out and try as hard to squeeze into Adrien's back.

"I'm being honest. Dad says I should always be honest!" He chuckled and pulled Adrien so much to shield him. "And he says conflict isn't the best solution!"

"Oh please." I sighed as I rolled my eyes.

"If the kid thinks it, you should too." Adrien smirked at me and I rolled my eyes again.

"Don't push your buttons." I said only to feel my heart sink deep into my chest when I saw Ash standing by the gate of our place, waiting.....

The nervous feeling ran through my entire body as I clenched my fingers and glanced at Adrien who seemed confused at me.

"What?" he asked and I pointed out the window as the car slowed down. "What's.... Oh right." He rolled his eyes so softly so I couldn't see it.

The car finally came to a stop and I took a moment to breath before jumping out of the car. Rhy rushed out in an instant, nearly knocking me over as he dragged Adrien with me to who-knows-where.

"Um... Hi." I cleared my throat as I rushed my hand through my hair whilst he walked to me with a displeased smile on his face.

"I was a bit worried." He cleared his throat as he started. "Your mother told me you were at Adrien's and I was starting to think he tied you to his bed or something." He stood in front of me and gazed down with a weak smile still on his face. "You look okay."

"I'm okay-"

"Except for your lips. They kinda look swollen." He said as he dropped his smile. "You kissed him, didn't you?"

"... I-I kinda did." I cleared my throat as my cheeks burned in embarrassment. "B-But he's the one that... He pinned me down and... He... His the one that-"

"Stop stammering." He sighed and wrapped his arms around my neck, hugging me to his chest. "I fvcking hate you for it." He whispered into my ear with a shaky breath. "I could fvcking kill him right now." I nodded to him as I shut my eyes with tears blurring my eyes, knowing he knew I was going to betray him either way. That he doesn't even trust me. "I hope you have a good reason."

"I don't." I begin to sob silently as I clenched his hood. "I'm sorry..."

"It's the second time, Riley..." He said as he let me go and held me at arm's length. "The fvcking second time!"

I looked away instead of saying anything, knowing too well he would punch me if I said things he didn't want to hear.

"... Are you crying?" He asked, his voice a bit concerned and I quickly rubbed my tears.

"I'm feeling bad right now." I sighed as I rubbed my eyes continuously. "He told me he would tell me what you're hiding if I followed him to his room for a gift...."

"... What I'm hiding?" He asked as he chocked and looked away, clearing his throat. "Why is he so content about that?"

"He said they weren't good. So... Just tell me Ash... What is it?" I asked when I glanced into his pale eyes. "They concern me and I'm scared to hear it from someone. Just tell me what you're hiding." I said and he clenched his jaw, glaring down at me.

"You're making yourself the victim here? I'm the one you cheated on and I'm not hiding a cheat here. Don't try to pin this on me just because you're caught!" He hissed then pulled out a small picture-sized box from inside his hood and smacked it against my chest a bit too harshly. "Happy birthday Riley. I have to go. I'm late." He said as he let go of the box, letting me catch it before it fell as he walked away.

"Wait!" I yelled once I remembered what my father had said. I had been intending to tell him since morning. "I need to tell you something."

"Could it wait for tomorrow?" He asked and I clenched my jaw in near anger.

Was he being serious!?

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes and marched straight into the fence, feeling too annoyed.

Fine, he was right, I did wrong to cheat on him. But I thought Adrien was going to tell me what dirt Ash was hiding about me.

I mean... If he had some dark secrets about someone else I wouldn't mind... But... Me?

Why me?

We're together and he couldn't open up?

"So, the dushbag is finally gone." I gasped in terror when he sprung out of nowhere and stood behind me.

"Don't do that!" I screamed and hit his chest. "Why!?"

"What's that?" He asked as he eyed the present Ash gave me. "Sure is smaller than mine."

"Like I care-"

"He won't tell you the dirt huh?' He asked with a smirk and forced chuckle. " he wouldn't. It's really painful for you to bear."

"Why don't you just tell me?" I asked and he shook his head and smiled softly.

"Because I care about you. Plus, it shouldn't scar your birthday. I'll tell you a month from now." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Don't bother telling me then." I sighed and began to walk towards the house.

"Okay. If you manage to get Ash the grades your father is crying for, I will tell you to break you two up. Number two, of you fail to get him to that point, I'll still tell you anyway. So it's just next month right?" He asked and I sighed as I stared at him.

"Alright. Deal." I nodded and he smirked devilishly.

"Goodnight love." He chuckled and I frowned at how weird he was being. "Just for you know. You'll be mine either way."

"Goodnight Adrien." I deadpanned and stepped into the house, closing the door behind me before he could say more.