65: Confessions and last moments.

The following Monday.

"So when will he be back?" My mother asked as she parked the car in the parking space of our school.

"In six months. He didn't tell me the exact day." I frowned and sighed as I ran a hand through my thick curls.

"Oh." She nodded as she glanced through the drivers mirror to look at me. "About Ash...."

As though through instinct, Rhy opened the car door and glanced at me.

"I'll be heading to class." He smiled softly and glanced to our mother. "Bye mum."

"Bye sweetheart. Have a good day!" She waved and he was out in seconds, running towards the building. "So." My mother sighed out. "About Ash. What will you do when you see him?"

"Well." I cleared my throat and glanced out of the car, only to spot Ash's car just driving in through the gates, making my heart skip a dangerous beat. "I want to avoid him as much as possible."

"What if he wants to talk?" She asked and I clenched my teeth as I looked away from the window and grabbed my bag.

"I'll listen to what he has to say. But I'm not getting back with him. He made a huge mistake and I won't just let it go." I said and she nodded as she glanced over her shoulder and smiled at me.

"That's a very mature thing to do, love." She said as she reached over and cupped my cheek ever so softly. "I love you Riley. No matter the choice you make, I will support you as a mother. But don't stray off too much and end up ruining your life. As a mother as well I will put you back into place. But if you love Ash with all your heart, I will support you. If you love Adrien, I will too."

"Mum, do you remember Author Taylor?" I asked and she smiled cheerfully.

"Author Roman Taylor?" She asked. "Of course, he was your little baby crush. How could I forget?"

"How do you know he was my crush?" I asked and she winked.

"He used to come talk to me everyday before you came in the car after school. He'd tell me how you offered to eat with him just to help him with his disorder, or how you stood up to the bullies for him. He admired you so much." She chuckled. "He still does. So try to talk to him."

"I will. I was planning on that." I nodded and she sighed out.

"Okay, dove. Time to hop out. Mummy's got some work to do." She smiled and I nodded, stepping out of the car and waved at her as she waved back, driving away.

I sighed and turned to the building, only to spot Ash still by his car, seeming as though he was waiting for someone. By someone, the obvious person would be me.

I clenched on tight to the straps of the bag and picked up my pace as I walked past his car, only to hear him gasp a bit before his footsteps came running as I walked.

"R-Riley!" I heard him say and I shut my eyes as I stopped and clenched my jaw. Trying to release the anger before turning to him with a plain face.

He had been crying.

I could tell from the puffiness of his eyes and the slight redness colouring his once clear white eyes.

His bottom lip was slightly cut with a bit of blood coat as well as a few dark spots on his neck and fists as he held onto his bag.

He stood right in front of me and gazed down at me with a deep frown on his face as his brows crossed in pity.

"Could we talk?" He asked and I glanced at the school doors, knowing too well every time I looked into his eyes, all I could see was Riley underneath him.