CHAPTER 6: Never Again

MAYNARD

I had needed Thorne to come and help me go over some ideas we had come up with a week ago that would help increase the security around our perimeters along with the fact that several of the guys we had met on this last trip we returned from recently had called stating they were interested in possibly teaming up with us and for the past almost two hours I have done not been able to get a hold of him.

Then I start to hear him and Audrina yelling along with a giggle from her and go out to see what the hell is going on.

When I look and see them both sitting on the couch next to each other playing a video game, I was pissed.

"Maynard!" Thorne stops laughing while standing up off the couch and walks towards me. "Sorry, we were just playing a game." He tells me.

"Well I've been trying to get you to answer your mind link. We have things to go over that are far more important than a stupid game." I tell him before glaring back at Audrina.

Audrina looks away from me and turns off the TV.

"It wasn't her fault. It was all my idea." Thorne tells me.

"I'm sure. Doesn't matter, we need to go into the office now." I tell him then we start heading towards the room and shut the door behind us before we sit down by the desk.

"You really should stop being an ass to her." Thorne states.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"You need to stop treating her like she's some sort of servant or prisoner." He says.

"You like her or something?" I asked.

"Why, jealous?" He asks with a smirk and a cocked eyebrow.

"Don't even start with that bullshit. I just don't think we should treat her like she's family or a friend. Don't forget that we don't know anything about her." I remind him. "Now let's get to talking about the plans, alright?" I suggested.

"Alright." He says rolling his eyes.

"Anyways, so about the border and the ones we have recently contacted on our last trip. I think they would be a really good asset to our pack and...." I started but he looked at me bewildered a bit and unsure.

"Did you just call us a pack?" He asks with a smile.

"It was out of habit. Now let me finish." I tell him. "So I was thinking that the only way for this to actually work in our favor, is to let them show us first in what they can do, just as anyone else would have to. But I have a good feeling about these guys." I tell him.

"I did too but, what about Audrina?" He mentions.

"What about her?" I asked.

"Aren't you worried at what they will think about her being here with us?" He asks.

Shit, he's right.

"I'll tell them what's going on. Make sure they won't tell anyone and it will be settled." I tell him.

"That should be interesting." He scoffs a little.

"What?" I asked annoyed.

"Nothing. So when do we tell them and you have them come down?" He asks me.

"I'll tell them tonight and to be here by the end of the week." I inform him.

"Alright. I'll tell the guys." He nods in agreement before getting up out of his seat. "Oh and Maynard, I've been meaning to ask you....have you ever thought about going back to being a real pack again? I mean everyone all believes we still are and in a way, they're right. Despite of course the fact you hate having the title because of what  happened years ago." He mentions.

"Don't." I look at him.

"I won't, don't worry." He says with his hands up in surrender before leaving.

He is right on one hand in the fact that a part of me does miss the pack life and in a way we are still living it but are considered rogues because in a way, we have never established our own pack and had the Council put their stamp on it to make it official.

That's all in the past though. Never again.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)